The Vice President of Data Management and Operations will be responsible for day-to-day management of and implementing the TR enterprise data and governance strategy and the organization needed to realize the strategy, with particular emphasis on Enterprise Customer, Product and Financial master data. The role is critical to the future of Thomson Reuters and to the long-term management of Thomson Reuters’ data and data operations and governance as an asset. The ability to manage enterprise data as critical company assets across all of our business units is essential for Thomson Reuters’ success and the Vice President of Data Management and Operations will be responsible for leading this effort. The Vice President of Data Management and Operations will also work closely with the Data Enterprise Process Owner (EPO) in ensuring that the annual investment roadmap is in place to support the overall priorities to support the Data and Governance Strategy set by the Data EPO.
The Vice President of Data Management and Operations will report directly to the EPO for FP&A and Reporting and will initially have up to 6 direct reports and an overall team of more than 100, with team locations in Eagan, London, NYC, Costa Rica and India. The Vice President of Data Management and Operations has budget responsibility for his / her area and will be responsible for creating an environment that will attract, develop and retain talent.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Partner with the Data Enterprise Process Owner (EPO) to define the vision and overall strategy for enterprise data including customer master, product master, general ledger and other data sources for Thomson Reuters
- Partner with the Data EPO on the annual investment process to ensure that investments are prioritized and funded to support the overall Enterprise strategy and governance needs
- Be the operational data representative for all governance board /steering committees across strategic programs requiring enterprise data
- Partner with the technology Enterprise Data Architect to help define the vision and overall strategy for the next generation data and analytics infrastructure at TR
- Understand business requirements and align them to the objectives of the enterprise data management program
Operations and Governance
- Support the Data EPO to provide Thomson Reuters level governance for enterprise data assets including customer, product and other financial data sets
- Plan and deliver the enterprise product master program which will produce a single global product catalog of all Thomson Reuters products
- Establish and manage day to day processes, operations and workflows to ensure that accurate data are entered and maintained in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) & Order To Cash (OTC) systems
- Expand and integrate the enterprise customer master program into the operating “DNA” of Thomson Reuters
- Manage the global teams responsible for “day to day” delivery of enterprise master data to include analytics, operations and projects
- Lead cross organizational teams and taskforces to coalesce business, systems and teams around common customer master, product master and related data sets
- Define data sourcing strategy and manage relationship with key vendors
- Lead change management programs related to this effort
- Identifies leading practices (structure, resources, process, and/or technology) that can strengthen service delivery
- Establish and enhance processes and workflows to ensure that accurate data are entered and maintained in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) & Order To Cash (OTC) systems
- Orchestrate data cleansing efforts to ensure accurate and normalized customer data and hierarchies
- Lead effort to determine how data will be sourced, stored and used. This includes direction on what will be stored within the OTC system versus CRM and other related systems.
- Migrate disparate data sources to common data hierarchy and storage
- Ensure operational processes adhere to agreed governance for data elements and related processes to sustain the data strategy as the business evolves.
- Manage efforts and coordinate with technology and the business to ensure that data converted from legacy environments are cleansed and tested for the intended use in new systems and environments
- Ensures that adequate controls are in place
- Oversees change management to support process improvement
- Ensures that process documentation is accurate and up-to-date
- Manage the analytics team focused on partnering with the business to answer critical business questions
- Provide leadership to rationalize and simplify the complicated analytics environment that is currently structured around functional area and business unit
- Be the bridge between functional areas (sales, marketing, finance, operations) to ensure efficient use of data assets and to unlock better analytical insights
- Establishes mutual SLAs through negotiation with the business
- Monitors ongoing performance against the SLAs and makes changes to processes as needed to achieve results
- Uses metrics and performance measures to drive continuous improvement and best practices
- Responsible for resourcing, service model delivery and location decisions
- Builds strong teams with a mindset that supports continuous process improvement and elimination of inefficiencies/ redundancies
- Ensures staff are adequately trained to perform at expected levels
- Partners with other leaders to identify and resolve issues, leverage cross-functional synergies and achieve consistency and alignment across the Data Strategy and Governance landscape
- Bachelor degree plus 15+ of experience OR Masters Degree with 12+ years of relevant experience required, including familiarity with Financial, Customer and Product relates System Tools and associated master data inter-dependencies across numerous core systems
- Degree preference in Finance, accounting, business or economics
- Significant supervisory experience required, including experience working with a shared service environment and managing a diverse, global team
- Demonstrates strong leadership (i.e. decisiveness and be seen as a reliable decision-maker by others, act in line with company values and integrity, deal with and lead through ambiguity, etc.)
- Experience working with different cultures
- Excellent business acumen
- Experience in multiple functional areas desired
- Experienced change agent
- Core understanding of data management and governance issues; working knowledge of data architecture, data modeling and database functions
- Proven experience solving business problems using a combination of data and analytics
- Core understanding of data warehousing, reporting and analytics; working knowledge of analytics & reporting architecture and technical infrastructure
- Strong process orientation
- Ability to collaborate and build strong relationships and influence individuals across the company in multiple business units, functions and organizational levels
- Builds effective relationships and partners with others to develop joint solutions. Deals with difficult customer (internal & external) situations with a professional and resourceful manner for resolution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Solid English language skills are required
- Ability to facilitate decision-making when there are diverse points of view
- Strong PC skills, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong analytical skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;New York-New York-United States of America;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America;Stamford-Connecticut-United States of America