Thomson Reuters Legal provides information and solutions to the legal community worldwide, serving law firms, corporate lawyers, Academics and the Government. In Russia / CIS we are currently expanding our Legal business by providing global solutions and services to lawyers and building country specific legal services.
Role Purpose/ Summary:
This role will be responsible for expanding our access to the Russian and CIS legal markets, to introduce Thomson Reuters Legal products and solutions, build up our thought leadership position in the market and successfully sell our legal solutions.
This role will also advise Management on the needs of legal market participants, customize our local communication for our target groups, create effective events and support our solutions development for the Russian and CIS legal markets.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- "Live" in, connect with and understand the Russian and CIS Legal markets. Play a recognized role in the legal community as thought leader on solutions, efficiency, and change. Participate in legal meetings, seminars, conferences and connect with participants
- Connect with key players’ and decision makers in the legal community, create rapport and business relationships
- Schedule and perform successful Business Development calls for targeted accounts to understand client needs and how our solutions can help clients increase efficiency, profitability and better manage their business objectives
- The role holder will be expected to develop and implement territory and account plans in accordance with business objectives, develop sales strategies and key relationships with accounts. The role will create local customized communication materials and events and work with marketing to develop and carry out target strategies
- The role is also responsible to sell Thomson Reuters Legal products and solutions to selected lawyers in Russia and CIS, identify potential customers, contact them, qualify leads, demonstrate our solutions, close the deal and attain an excellent individual sales performance
- Constantly prospect and develop new business opportunities through a high volume of strategic prospecting and account development targeting the identified prospect base in a defined geographical area
- Pipeline management - Effectively manage the sales pipeline to ensure an adequate amount of leads and deals are in the pipeline identified for both short- and long-term success. Build and deliver an accurate account pipeline to show product mix to deliver sales attainment and quantity of sales. Accurately forecast sales opportunities of both product sets and keep internal systems up-to-date with account information, activities and contacts
- Actively collaborate with Thomson Reuters sales and support specialists in Russia and other countries
- Demonstrate product knowledge and deliver product demonstrations. Maintain proficiency in all global Legal products and solutions to deliver effective solution demonstrations.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of competitors and competitor activity, providing feedback back into the business and inputting into the development of strategies to best position both the company and the solutions provided
- Responsible for the management of personal expenses in line with company policies
- Understand the legal tech landscape globally and in Russia and CIS
- Formulate legal product and solution ideas and build business plans around them
- Based on market research and deep customer insights, specify new legal solutions and define how to localize global solutions based on the needs of our Russian and CIS customers
- Work with virtual project teams across the globe to create suitable solutions for the Russian and CIS markets
- Input into the development of the Technology and Application roadmap. Understand and influence the firm's information and technology and application roadmaps
- Work on special projects and assignments as required
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
The key areas we will be looking for evidence of continued exposure, ability and success include:
- Start-up mentality, self-motivated, outgoing, energetic and highly engaged to build out our legal business in Russia and CIS
- Ability to identify, build and maintain relationships with influencers and decision-makers
- Strong closing skills, strong influencing skills with proven negotiating abilities
- Excellent presentation skills, good commercial acumen
- Focused, activity-driven, and technology savvy
- Ability to explain complex issues and build rapport
- Ability to work under ambiguity and high drive to innovate
- Effective time management and organizational skills - well organized, timely and accurate. Good team worker
- Strong ability to develop innovative value propositions, negotiate and close under time and objective pressure
- Ability to create and execute a sales plan to over-achieve against their personal sales quota and secure sustainable business
- Superior client management, communication, presentation and sales skills with ability to articulate complex messages to diverse audiences
- Competent in consultative and solution selling. Ability to interact and sell at all levels in a corporation or law firm including the C-level
- Problem solving skills, the ability to create the desired solution for the business and the client
- Ability to engage with external Consultants and Influencers, to gain their trust and 'partner' with them to secure business growth
- Ability to do market research, develop product and solutions specifications, create business plans and create Executive-level presentations
- Strong working knowledge of legal information, case and matter management applications and other critical business operational processes in law firms and corporate legal in-house departments
- A comprehensive understanding of the legal and/or professional services marketplace, its business culture, processes, value drivers and business operations
- Minimum 5 year's successful work experience in an either a commercial role, Market Development, Business Development, as Lawyer or in-house counsel or in a role related to the legal market
- Ability to work across borders and collaborate with colleagues, work with and bring in specialists including Pre-Sales, Project Managers, Product Managers, Specialist Sales Managers and management/leadership to support the development and growth of the business
- Customer focus and relations, putting customer at the forefront of decision making processes
- Knowledge of (ideally practice knowledge in) Russian law
- Proficiency in Internet technologies
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time across Russia and the CIS region as required, including the ability to spend extended time away from home
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent command in Russian and English
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Common Law Legal Background or understanding is a plus
- Wide legal network is a plus
Education/ Certifications Required:
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.