The Platform Capabilities product management team is charged with the mission of delivering consistent and reusable capabilities that power the Thomson Reuters platform strategy
The API Product Manager will focus on the strategy and delivery of rationalized, modern and simple APIs for all programmatic access to the Thomson Reuters platform. Working closely with stakeholders across the organization to ensure all propositions align to the API strategy and that standard framework capabilities in the API domains meet the business needs.
• Work with proposition/product teams to understand how product specific requirements shape and drive the API strategy
• Partner with the rest of the Product & Content organization in delivering on its strategic priorities.
• Engage directly with external customers and partners to validate and promote our API strategy
• Create detailed requirements for the core web and native APIs and manage delivery through close collaboration with development teams
• Take a hands on approach to evaluating and testing APIs
• Create, maintain and publish internal and external product roadmaps
• Research and monitor industry trends in the API space to ensure Thomson Reuters gets ahead of the curve.
• Promote an understanding of customer requirements based on direct and indirect customer feedback.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• A technology background in development or architecture
• Working knowledge of common API technologies and concepts for both Web and Native APIs
• Strong influencing skill, able to flourish in a matrix environment
• Experience of working closely with Agile development teams, particularly in the product owner role
• Proven track record of launching and supporting software products
• Effective communication and presentation skills; Able to communicate complex propositions, products or services to internal and external stakeholders
• Significant industry and/or product management experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to grasp and articulate technical, financial and conceptual ideas.
• Ability to balance competing priorities and manage several time-sensitive projects/tasks with minimal direction.
• Solid understanding of financial markets.
• Highly collaborative and enjoys working and delivering results through teams.
• Ability to evaluate industry innovation and technology platforms.
• Experience with either transactonal APIs or products
• Experience in delivery of financial APIs in either a product management or development capacity
• Experience using agile tools such as JIRA for prioritization and reporting
• Modelling financial content for programmatic consumption
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.