- Drive (hands-on) the design / architecture, development, documentation and leverage application development experience
- Passion for being at the leading edge of technology and hands on software development experience in web application development, single-page applications heavy in the use of Angular JS, Java, web services
- Help drive the team's technical direction, contributing to the overall architecture of the front end applications, along with the design and development of new product features.
- Promotes structural code quality metrics, code reviews, code maintenance
- Conduct Proof-of-Concept (POC), Solution Evaluation, Comparison, Estimation and Architecture Recommendation
- Train and mentor team members in latest technologies
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, organizational, documentation, and presentation skills
- Able to troubleshoot technical issues and educate the developers
- Ability to manage large and strong technology team in an Agile environment
- Ability to manage priorities for self and members of the development team
- Lead by example to the team
- Lead, persuade, and gain consensus from very diverse audiences
- Identifies the need for decisions, provides guidelines for solutions, and takes ownership of outcome.
- Provide critical feedback to the team
- Ability to provide clear project plan on small to large projects
- Ability to break-down complex problem into simple tasks for estimating and planning; able to train the team to do the same
- Responsible for application security at design time and continuously throughout the development process
- Establish continuous integration and iterative development using SCRUM/Agile framework
- Improves the quality of development in the organizations and promotes best development practices, under the direction of management.
- Implement metrics to measure velocity and code quality to improve business value.
- Establish usage metrics to help improve user experience and product enhancements.
- Build transparency, accountability and collaboration in the team
- You will follow agile principles, values and practices and have experience of employing Scrum.
- Four-year undergraduate degree preferred in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Business discipline or related field; or equivalent experience
- 10+ years technology development related experience and strong knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- General leadership experience and experience as a software developer preferred
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to influence stakeholders at all levels in the organization
- Strong bias for action, taking ownership and initiative and willing to take risks when appropriate
- Strong leadership presence and effective communicator. Must be able to present effectively to a wide range of audiences such as Technology leadership, business partners and executives
- Active listening skills, open to learning and ideas from others; willingness to offer a point of view
- A strong advocate for innovation
- Experience with full life cycle development: requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding, unit testing, and acceptance testing
- Experience with application scaffolding tools, automation & development tools, and dependency management (e.g. Yeoman, Bower, npm, grunt)
- Experience integrating REST web services with UI
- Experience with package managers such as npm, and bower for managing dependencies
- Experience with CSS pre-compilers (LESS, SASS)
- Experience with agile/ scrum development methodologies
Experience in any of the following is considered a plus:
- Experience with Java/Java EE, Spring, REST services based technologies
- Experience in the Cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services
- Familiar with other open source technologies
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America