Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The Compliance Learning Content Expert position is accountable and responsible for the following:
• Analysing regulatory developments to identify need for new training topics
• Writing and/or supervising creation of content that can be used for elearning courses to instruct industry practitioners to create awareness around the regulatory developments, its implications and application of this knowledge to their job responsibilities
• Providing expertise on regulatory developments to internal customers including sales, delivery and marketing team members as needed
• Participating in pre-sales and post- sales discussions with clients from a content standpoint
• Overseeing and/or editing work of junior writers, contractors and others, as assigned, on a project-by-project basis.
• Working with other delivery team members as necessary to finalize, implement and deliver written content.
• Producing clear, concise, accurate and consistent written content in a timely and efficient manner and without the need for extensive editorial or management oversight.
• Developing and maintaining excellent working knowledge of our existing course library and training topics.
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
• Professional fluency in spoken and written English
• Deep understanding of financial regulation, Governance, risk and compliance and expectations of major regulatory bodies in the region
• Ability to analyse and interpret the impact and implications of regulatory developments and communicate these clearly in writing and verbally to internal and external customers
• Ability to clearly communicate implications of regulatory developments in an instructional format (learning objectives,, expository content, learning exercises, quiz, scenarios, case studies) to be used for training employees within client firms
• Superior writing skills: vocabulary, grammar, usage, spelling
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to edit one's own work
• Ability to work efficiently, prioritise work appropriately and manage multiple tasks and deadlines effectively
• Ability to work with a global team across different time zones
• Outstanding interpersonal and business communication skills
• Ability to produce final, publication-ready content with minimal oversight
• Ability to produce learner-focused content that is engaging and easy to understand
• Ability to work independently or well with others
• Must possess excellent communication and people interaction skills.
• Must have good listening, problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
• Must be pro-active in seeking information and solutions.
• Must be a fast learner and able to quickly grasp and understand complex concepts.
• Must be flexible and open to an ever-changing environment and product.
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
• Experience with regulatory agency; Compliance function within a financial services firm
• Understanding of Content Authoring and Instructional design principles
• Professional regulatory, compliance, risk management, legal qualification desirable
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.