We are looking for an experienced tax professional to join our development team. As a Tax Analyst with Thomson Reuters, you will make an immediate impact on how our clients accomplish their work. You will participate in the design, development, and testing of our UltraTax CS product line using in-house development tools.
In this role, you will collect, analyze, and prioritize requirements from various entities to include external taxing authorities and our internal sources – all in an effort to provide the most reliable tax software in the industry. Located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Thomson Reuters offers an alternative career path for experienced Tax Professionals. As a Tax Analyst you will utilize your tax knowledge and experience in a unique, flexible work environment - where the focus is on accomplishing goals rather than just completing tasks. If you like to have control over your daily work and contribute as a part of a team, then this opportunity may be for you.
- Analyze tax forms and related laws to ensure our software is kept current
- Design the client interface, such as input/output screens, in our tax products
- Implement changes to our existing tax software products
- Write and/or communicate design and system flow specifications for software engineers
- Test software products
- Write help documentation and work with technical writers to implement into the software
- Provide phone support to our customers during peak season
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience required
- Recent income tax experience or significant experience providing technical support to end users of tax software required.
- Extensive knowledge of Individual or Business Tax requirements
- Strong communication and computer skills - Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Enrolled Agent (EA) preferred.
- Two or more years of tax preparation experience preferred.
- Experience with electronic filing of tax returns preferred. - State, city, and local income tax preparation a plus preferred.
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work? - Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters’ core values?
- Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
- Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
- Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
- Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.