This is a position for a software developer to work on editorial products within the News group.
The product represents a unique chance to automate workflows on a low latency platform while freeing journalists from time-consuming coverage of news items. The candidate will need to interface with a variety of teams around the global and be experienced with a full development lifecycle.
Responsibilities will consist of:
- Participating in project/work planning sessions with team members and product manager to analyze requirements - Design and develop applications per written specifications.
May be responsible for writing design specifications
- Making modifications to existing applications and modules in accordance with written specifications
- Taking part in code reviews, and reviewing the work of colleagues - Support operational teams with system maintenance, such as upgrading, fall back, patching, etc. This support and maintenance may occasionally require the candidate to work outside normal business hours
- Support application trouble shooting in a production system Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with a competitive advantage.
- B.Sc. or equivalent in Computer Science or other computer related subject Required Skills
- 3+ year experience working as a software developer
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Strong OOAD skills, familiar with design patterns
- Self-motivated, co-operative team player, ability to work in global environment - Good communication skills including technical writing & spoken English
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision & direction Desired Skills
- Experience in development / networking using IP based protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP, etc.)
- Experience with C++ development
- Experience with C# development
- Familiar with agile methodologies and cloud technologies
- Knowledge of the value of well-written documentation, continuous integration, and security rules
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.