We work on complex textually based problems and finding algorithmic solutions to them, taking into consideration performance, scalability and robustness.
We create tools for professionals to build their own NLP solution in areas such as entity extraction, text categorization and concordance (matching).
We have a super positive and constructive atmosphere. Very hard to match.
We have access to lots of high quality data such as: News, financial, legal, scientific, social media and more...
We love what we do.
Essential Day-To-Day responsibilities:
Design, develop and maintain text metadata extraction components. The job will include analyzing complex textually based problems and finding algorithmic solutions to them, while taking into consideration performance, scalability and robustness. The ideal candidate will assume responsibility over major features with sometimes incomplete requirements and is expected to create high quality solutions and implement them in a production grade level.
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
· B.Sc. in a relevant field: Computer Science/Software Engineering/Applied Mathematics. M.Sc. an advantage.
· Hands on experience in at least one of the following domains: NLP / Machine Learning / Data Mining / Algorithms
· At least 3 years of programming experience – Java/Scala is a must
· Natural curiosity for data crunching and analysis
· Excellent communication skills. A team player
Nice To Have:
· Experience with Hadoop/Spark/Big data technologies
· Experience with ElasticSearch/Solr
· Experience with Script languages (Python, Groovy, etc.)
• Innovative thinker • Problem solver • Self-managed (independent) • Responsible • Hard worker
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.