· 4+ years of experience in designing and developing scalable application servers
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Fast learning ability
· Highly motivated and passionate to work in a small, exceptional fast moving team
· Experience with agile, test-driven software development and continuous integration & deployment – advantage
· Experience in OSS development contributions (list projects participated in)
· Deep knowledge in Scala/Java development & JVM (internals familiarity – an advantage).
· Scala knowledge –advantage
· Experience in modern server side resilient & performant development.
· Experience in mixed development in Scala/Java with scripting languages e.g..Python/Groovy - advantage.
· Knowledge of WOA (Web Oriented Architecture), Play/AkkaHTTP/Spray/Tomcat/Jetty/Netty/Other server technologies
· Knowledge of Linux/Unix operating system & work experience. (Internals – an advantage)
· Practitioner knowledge & experience in modern reactive, non-blocking threading, streaming paradigms and various threading models options and considerations.
· Knowledge in one or more of the technologies that we are currently using is an advantage: Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Spark, Reactive Streams, Akka*
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.