- Responsible for the analysis, definition, design, construction, testing, installation, modification, and maintenance of properly engineered information systems, containing software as the major component to meet agreed business needs.
- Writes new software, makes modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with written specifications.
- Develops and integrates applications as per written specifications.
- Carries out unit testing, ensuring application meets needs of client and business.
- Translates technical requirements and design documentation into application code and modules.
- May provide technical support to operations or other development teams
- Contributes to and maintains technical documentation / manual related to assigned components to ensure supportability.
- Works under direct supervision in performing maintenance on existing software products or straightforward software enhancements.
- Makes suggestions for problem solutions or software enhancements, which will typically be reviewed by a more senior developer.
- Implements solutions as directed within standards and with guidance from more senior engineers.
- Participates in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements.
- Typically works on one project at a time and as a member of the project team(s) or as part of a specialist cross-project team on multiple developments.
- Works on smaller, minimally complex projects or a particular system or application within larger projects that requires a singular area of expertise
- Provides status updates for own scope of work within projects.
- Participates in internal team and status meetings.
- Develops software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to industry standards and software best practice guidelines.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America