Thomson Reuters is looking for strong senior Lead Performance Engineer to design and build tests to support our performance program for and drive continuous technology improvement across the company.
Our ideal candidate will have experience envisioning and building creative performance improvement solutions, and shifting engineering culture to place a high value on performance optimization. In addition, you will help educate teams on how to incorporate these practices into their daily work. You will partner with both your own team as well as teams across the company, dive deep, and understand how to balance customer demands, availability, agility, and high performance and cost efficiency within Thomson Reuters unique enterprise service oriented architecture.
You will have the sponsorship you need from the organization’s top leaders to identify potential performance improvements in all facets of technology including advancing new platforms and optimization approaches, benchmarking cost efficiency of Thomson Reuters latest hardware and services, identifying and driving large categories of optimizations, and simplifying complex architectures to optimize service performance. You will participate in all phases of software development to build services to support our goal. Your systems will drive service and product performance opportunities, from idea generation to scoping, to strategy building and ultimately automation for self-monitoring, self-diagnosing and self-healing solutions.
As a successful candidate, you will be a rock-star developer, be data driven, have the ability to creatively deal with ambiguity, and juggle cross-organization complexity. If you are interested in making a huge impact within a massive and rapidly expanding system, come join our team.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Thomson Reuters leaders:
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Has relentlessly high standards and is never satisfied with the status quo
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or technology
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Result oriented
• Thinks big
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one systems programming language such as C++, C#, Java
Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team • Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Expert at identifying optimization opportunities in other people’s software
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.