Channel Partnerships Account Manager
Reuters News Agency
The Reuters News Agency licenses Reuters’ news and services to the news industry. Our customers are broadcasters, print and digital publishers, corporations and governments. Reuters News Agency provides its clients with multi-media news solutions to reach their audiences. Our products include video & text feeds, pictures & graphics, packaged content and syndication services which reach billions of consumers around the world.
The Channel Partnership Account Manager is a crucial role in a fast-moving part of the Asian sales organization. The purpose of the role is to manage the sales and deliver the account support requirements for a selection of key Channel Partners and their end-users, throughout SE and Central Asia. This role will help shape the landscape for the Channel Partners team, and support revenue by building long-term relationships with key accounts, driving global partnership strategies throughout Asia, implementing training and sales support efforts, and ensuring transparent and fair reporting practices. The Account Manager will be measured on Channel Partner revenue growth, year on year. This will be achieved by providing hands-on assistance to partners’ sales teams, collaborating to win new clients, forming pricing strategies, delivering training on new products, and handling quarterly sales conversations.
- Maintain day to day account support with Agencies, and their end-users, by handling pricing discussions and inputting contracts in Salesforce; monitoring invoicing, and collaborating with sales teams to add clients, upsell and retain client portfolios
- Handle the invoicing consolidation on quarterly payments to agencies, and reconcile revenue reports for the end-users; ensure that invoicing is prompt and timely; track down missing invoices and work with partners on missing end-user payments
- Visit the four agencies, located in Indonesia, Myanmar, Malaysia, Pakistan and locations in the emerging markets of Central Asia; and in turn, meet with important end-users, to provide updates on product development and offer training to agencies’ sales teams
- Progress sales of ReutersConnect by agencies, and promote upsell through increased points usage
- Assists in creating localized collateral that enables partners to articulate the Reuters proposition in market and enables colleagues to better advocate and evangelise the channel partner business
- Work with matrix leadership and other internal teams to determine cross sell and upsell strategies to increase the value of channel partner relationships
- Aligns with the finance team to understand and make suggestions on revenue reporting
- Works closely with the Channel Partner Operations Manager providing them data-driven analytical support in their role
- Seeks new business models and establishes industry best practice, taking learnings and providing suggestions for adaptation for the Channel Partner organization
- Work closely with Channel Partner team, Direct Sales, Sales Excellence, Business Development, Finance, Product, Editorial
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University degree (Bachelor’s)
- Ability to manage and influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Ability to manage personal book of business, build relationships and deliver growth
- Deep understanding of media content sales across different Asian markets
- Understanding of copyright and content licensing models
- Experience working on legal contracts and handling other complex negotiations
- Ability to travel throughout South East Asia, and Central Asia, as required
- Engages colleagues across time zones and geographies to successfully network in a matrix environment
- Combined background of post-sale and sales experience
- Ability to work across diverse cultures, with experience working with Asian Media companies
- Team player who willingly contributes to team and culture building
- Possesses a working knowledge of Salesforce
- Possesses strong Presentation Skills, and continuously seeks to improve them
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.