Monitor and update multiple tax data systems covering sales/use tax, business occupation tax and other special indirect taxes for U.S. jurisdictions related to upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas sectors. Responsible for updating data systems including rates, product rules and tax calculation accuracy. Review and analyze test cases for tax scenarios.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Research, monitor, analyse indirect tax legislation/regulations and assess impact for any changes to ONESOURCE products.
- Gather and validate tax forms, rates and rules relevant to applicable indirect taxes and prepare supporting documentation for ONESOURCE products where required.
- Prepare all necessary documentation supporting any changes to ONESOURCE and archive them per standard internal procedures.
- Review and sign-off documents prepared by tax analysts.
- Communicate and correspond with state and local tax authorities while fostering and maintaining professional relationships with them.
- Provide recommendations on a wide variety of oil and gas indirect tax issues and communicate such recommendations in an understandable manner to no -tax professionals.
- Participate in strategic initiatives for tax research operations, including:
- Extending the product coverage or enhancing functionality.
- Identifying new features and
tax content that will benefit customers.
- Identifying trends and current issues that impact ONESOURCE products.
- Respond to all client queries on time and in line with service level agreements.
- Conduct presentations on areas of tax content responsibility.
- Provide leadership, mentoring and professional guidance to junior members of the team.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, taxation or related field or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in compliance processes related to indirect taxes and practical experience with preparation and filing of tax returns (ideally garnered from an accountancy firm or in-house environment).
- Strong understanding of oil and gas indirect tax principles and knowledge of indirect tax legislation in the United States.
- Experience with tax research software highly beneficial.
- Professional accounting or tax qualification is considered a great asset. Special skills and knowledge requirements
- Very strong attention to detail and capable of handling multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and proactively seek opportunities to develop further. • Intermediate to advance software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Disciplined to consistently meet rigid and
- People management experience and leadership skills beneficial.
- Must remain current with up-to-date sales/use, business occupation, motor fuel fees/tax
laws, policies, interpretations and trends in the oil and gas industry. • Assist with in-depth tax
research related to current and/or future oil and gas issues. • Develop expertise as a subject
matter expert (SME) for the Determination data entry processs, product rules and tax calculations.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.