Elite is a leading developer of integrated information solutions for professional services firms worldwide. Elite is part of Thomson Reuters and is a premier provider of financial and practice management systems to the legal industry and to other professional services markets, including accounting, marketing services, and management and IT consulting. Elite develops proven software solutions and delivers expert professional services that help customers enhance their core business competencies and sharpen their strategic focus. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Elite maintains offices in Albuquerque, Auckland, Boston, Calgary, Hong Kong, London, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Singapore and Sydney. More than 60% of the AmLaw 100 and Global 100 law firms and nearly 30% of the top CPA firms rely on Elite solutions to manage their business.
The Technical Consultant is responsible for providing high quality consulting and training services to clients and maintains an in-depth knowledge of the functional and feature characteristics of Elite products. They use their professional services expertise in Legal Practice Management software to provide best practice recommendations and functional and strategic consulting services and advice and use their development skills to turn business requirements into functional technical solutions.
· Provide billable consulting services to clients (predominantly law firms) in MatterSphere in the form of process and solution design, configuration, custom development, assistance with user acceptance testing, classroom training and go-live support.
· Lead the definition of functional and technical requirements for assigned projects and work with Project Management to translate requirements into specific plans and tasks in line with the implementation methodology
· Produce required project documentation (eg Functional Requirements Definition, Requirement Specifications, Training Strategy, Testing Strategy)
· Actively pursue issue resolution and communicate project issues to stakeholders (eg other consulting team members, Support Desk, Project Manager, Client) to ensure that issues affecting projects are quickly and effectively resolved
· Work collaboratively across different departments and groups within a matrix organization
· Deliver projects within scope according to budget and schedule
· Maintain an up to date functional knowledge of the software
· Work as part of a remote team and contribute to the learning and development of team members and participate in team and internal initiatives and projects
Required Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in IT or Business or equivalent experience.
· Minimum 3 years experience in similar role with similar responsibilities · Experience providing analysis for business systems across an organisation with a legal perspective
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio or similar tools
· Experience developing with C#, SQL, XML
· Experience with Legal Case & Matter management software system implementations preferred (MatterSphere or similar).
· Prior experience working with and a thorough understanding of the principles of Document Management Systems (MatterSphere DMS, iManage Worksite or similar)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.