WHY IS THIS ROLE IMPORTANT?
- Responsibility for database administration and sourcing of exchange and contributed data
- Working with other staff, begin to own the contributor relationship between Thomson Reuters and the fund management company, contributor or data supplier for day to day operations
- Ensuring that relevant information is maintained and delivered in an accurate and timely manner
- The position is within Data Operations which supports data across Thomson Reuters products and services
SOME OF YOUR DAILY TASKS:
- Processing and maintaining data accurately and in a timely manner onto databases using technical and financial knowledge.
- Communication & liaison with internal and external departments for resolution of data queries
- Developing expertise in data related issues. Building up knowledge of financial regulations and market practices/conventions in relevant markets
- Maximizing usage of available tools/support to best of advantage to maintain/improve content quality during daily operations
- Ensure data quality, accuracy, timeliness and completeness per company standards for the covered product/market
- Testing new database/application releases where appropriate, providing expert user feedback
- Supporting specific projects, as assigned by manager
- Adhering to change control procedures, data operations standards and current data policies and procedures
- Responsibility for delivering high productivity and quality data
- Proactively identifying and resolving data problems
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Effective communication both internally & externally
- Proficiency in speaking and writing English
- A second language may also be required, depending on what market is supported
- Ability to speak and translate financial terms
- Ability to work under pressure
- Understanding of Financial Markets
- Analytical, detail-oriented mind
- Basic computer knowledge is mandatory, such as Microsoft Office
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE?
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Ability (or even a need) to practice English skills daily
- Range of development opportunities through traditional trainings, on-site and international projects
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension plan, Multisport card and more
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.