Position: Executive Global Account Manager
Location : London - Docklands Technical Centre
Business Unit: Thomson Reuters Tax and Accounting
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government. Headquartered in New York, Tax & Accounting has major operations in Ann Arbor, Dallas, Hyderabad, London, Sydney, and Toronto.
The market leading ONESOURCE suite of products helps multinational corporations comply with ever-changing tax compliance and accounting requirements in a range of countries. ONESOURCE is used by more than 400 large multi-national corporations.
The primary focus of this role is to grow and manage Tax and Accounting’s global customers within the EMEA Corporate Market segment. As a key member of the EMEA sales force you will be managing our largest, strategically important high profile client relationships with complex solutions, requirements and revenue targets. Working with new business teams to drive adoption of new solutions as well as with client service managers to manage a client portfolio of existing business. The role will form part of the EMEA Direct Tax Sales Team working with Global clients, predominantly UK and European listed companies and the Fortune 500 US headquartered businesses EMEA operations that have long term and significant relationships with Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting. The role will be office based but with significant face to face client interaction.
Role Purpose and Accountabilities
- Identify sales opportunities and solutions of strategic and/or high value through detailed assessment of customer needs
- Think strategically and proactively look for innovative and commercially sound opportunities which are a ‘win win’ for the customer and the company
- Drive successful execution of complex deals and negotiations with multiple decision makers both internally and within target prospect organisations
- Establish and maintain a clear understanding of the customer’s needs in the Global Key Accounts and communicate this to the relevant internal teams to improve service, products, solutions and ultimately grow revenue
- Implement and maintain account plans and strategies to penetrate, grow and defend Tax & Accounting’s presence in the key accounts
- Ensure business targets are exceeded and where necessary anticipate variance discrepancies and prescribe remedies in order to rectify the situation
- Provide regular updates to sales leadership on the plans and status of the key accounts. Provide Sales Manager with regular feedback on target and actual sales figures and sales performance
- Execute a clear strategy for removing competitors within the global accounts and establish
- Display and demonstrate new and existing products and services using persuasive and appropriately pitched presentations
- Identify and build relationships with key ‘stakeholders’ within the key accounts, to include, Heads of Tax, Tax Transformation & Technology CTO, CFO, IT & Shared Services
- Identify key decision makers and influencers at each account and routinely communicate with them
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to share insights and intelligence from Key Accounts to inform go-to-market initiatives as well as obtaining case studies and references and securing joint speaking opportunities at user conferences, industry events etc.
- Formulate training strategies for key accounts in order to grow revenue through driving usage and securing renewal uplifts
- Work with internal Thomson Reuters departments to ensure key accounts are being accurately billed in a timely manner and work with Client Services Manager to promptly correct any billing issues
- Prepare the key accounts budget; ensure financial accountability and appropriate record keeping and internal controls
- Maintain the CRM(Salesforce.com) database information on all key accounts
- Represent the business in a professional manner and protect the company image at all times, using only ethical sales techniques
- Attend regular sales meetings, training events and exhibitions trade events as appropriate
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience selling complex tax technology to FTSE 100 & Fortune 500 level companies and their subsidiaries
- Extensive sales and account management experience managing a $mutli-M book of business
- Experience selling large SaaS implementation projects within the tax and finance work streams within global organizations
- Proven track record of articulating and influencing at C-level regarding complex tax processes and the capabilities that technology, in particular ONESOURCE technology, will bring to organizational processes
- Detailed understanding of a solution sales process.
- Excellent communication, networking, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Tenacity and determination to thrive in a fast-paced environment .
- Problem Solver with imagination to structure creative solutions in line with client requirements.
- Positive attitude and results orientated.
- Detail orientated with ability to write reports with good computer literacy skills.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Big 4 Accountancy and Advisory firm experience executing tax compliance, provision and advisory projects on behalf of clients
- Proven deep understanding of the Tax Provision process within global multi-national organizations
- Tax based degree qualifications
- Experience with using salesforce.com
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.