As a Senior API Engineer with strong Java experience, you are a critical member of engineering and architecture team. You will be responsible for building, deploying and maintaining Restful APIs and their communication with the down-stream systems. You are able to stay in the leading edge of development and mentor a team of developers. You will be a part of the Org ID team which brings financial institutions and the clients (Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Corporations, and Correspondent Banks) together by enabling provision of Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements in one easy, managed service environment. The service provides real-time “KYC passport” for the clients of financial institutions that are required to supply corporate identity documentation in response to increasingly strict anti-money laundering regulations.
- Design and implement from database (SQL) layer to middle (JAVA) tier.
- Collaborate with architects, designers, analysts, product specialists, and other software engineers
- Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications for junior programmers if applicable.
- Analyze current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting, and design solutions to problematic programming.
- Conduct design reviews to ensure code developed meets ourcoding standard methodologies guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines.
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance.
- Provide assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to resolve the system problems.
- You have 5+ years of experience with object oriented, TDD programming in Java.
- You have experience designing microservices architecture
- You have experience building back-end RESTful web services with Java based frameworks.
- Experience working on SQL databases.
- Experience using agile methodologies.
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment Strategies.
- Knowledge of web security, application security, web services security, common vulnerability remediation, certificate management
Nice to have
- Strong background with automated testing
- GitHub portfolio
- DevOps experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.