Responsible for new sale of Westlaw, Practical Law, Concourse, and other legal solution and workflow tools to prospective customer base of in-house legal, intellectual property, and compliance departments of corporations.
Candidate must reside in sales territory; Minneapolis, St Louis and Kansas City are the preferred locations.
• Meet or exceed new sales quota of Westlaw, Practical Law, and other legal solutions tools and products
• Demonstrate, sell and build pipeline across the whole product bag
• Conduct face-to-face appointments and meetings:
7 per week with new customers
4 per week with existing customers
• Meet and exceed monthly quota expectations consistently
• Maintain a pipeline of at least 3x quota
• Develop and leverage peer and team networks
• Update, maintain, and manage salesforce.com on an ongoing and consistent basis
Competencies – Skills:
• New business mining, prospecting and cold calling skills: develop a high volume of new business opportunities, including skillful and consistent prospecting, cold-calling, sales pitch, and overall business development acumen.
• Sales Planning: Understand opportunity within assigned territory and execute sales plan to capture growth
• New Customer Sales: Drive Westlaw, Practical Law, and solutions sales to new customers
• Client Relationships: Leverage knowledge of legal industry and opportunities to build trust and respect with prospective customers
• Sales Skills: Ability to facilitate shorter-term transactional sales utilizing consultative selling skills coupled with the ability to navigate a long and complex software and solutions sales cycle
• Consultative Selling Skills: listen, ask probing questions to uncover customer needs, and quickly gain trust and credibility
• Business Acumen: strong understanding of our customers’ business
• Effective sales presentation skills: engage in two-way dialogue to effectively tie value proposition back to customer needs
• Forecasting Skills: ability to forecast with 95% accuracy
• Team Communication: collaborate and communicate regularly and effectively within team and across the organization.
• Relationship and Influencing Skills: ability to build relationships with, and influence all levels within an organization, including senior management.
Competencies – Culture:
• Positive attitude: enthusiasm, high energy, passion, curiosity. Flexible and open and adaptable to change
• Commitment to People: professional, courteous, respectful and friendly
• Collaboration/Partnership: team oriented, generous with sharing best practices and feedback
• Customer first: customer-centric mentality
• Integrity: operates honestly and with high standard of ethics
• Delivering results: focused, organized, and able to take initiative, motivated, self-starter
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.