• SREs are engineers with the right mix of knowledge and skills in database management (i.e. development, administration, performance tuning), software engineering (i.e. programming, data structures and algorithms), and systems engineering (i.e. applying scientific principles of experimentation and observation to entire systems to improve reliability, performance and operability).
• We constantly evaluate products and services before and after production releases to prevent, identify and fix problems that impact service availability in deploying, configuring, monitoring, recovering, and scaling
• We work closely with development group in a collaborative DevOps environment to maintain the highest level of service up-time.
• We participate in on-call rotations to monitor and support our products and services, taking recovery actions prior to and after disruptions.
• We dedicate at least 50% of our time 'engineering away' problems both, directly and through pairing and coaching our team.
• We work side-by-side with SREs in our team applying software engineering principles to resolve problems impacting service uptime or our operational efficiency.
Required Core Skills
• With other languages is also valuable such as Shell scripting, PowerShell, PERL or PHP.
• Systems configuration and administration: Windows or Linux.
• Analyzing and discovering how all components of a distributed system work together using a broad range of skills and tools.
• Hands-on experience in database development (PSQL, DDL, DML)
• Hands-on experience in database troubleshooting, administration, and performance tuning using
• products such as Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL, Mongo DB, and Oracle.
• Work closely with Technology Development to design and offer best solution for the project.
• Design and manage highly available solutions using replication and various clustering solutions.
• Provide documentation and procedures to support and maintain the production databases.
• Applying evidence based approach to solving system problems under pressure and in real time to provide the fastest path to service recovery.
• System and software configuration management using tools such as puppet, chef or ansible.
• Cloud technologies and platforms such as AWS or Azure using API or configuration tools.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.