The Solution Business Analyst position is accountable and responsible for the following:
- Providing consulting services to clients around the strategic utilization and set up of Thomson Reuters software products and bridging clients’ methodologies to these products
- Managing complex client projects including identifying and consulting on business process requirements and performing requirements analysis
- Interacting with clients and internal business partners to identify client business needs, formulate options, and recommend solutions to ensure Thomson Reuters solutions are used to the fullest extent
- Proactively offering and selling Thomson Reuters High Value Professional Services (HVPS) packages to ensure the client gets the most value out of Thomson Reuters products and content
- Ensuring a successful and complete hand off of the initiated implementation to the appropriate Project Manager
- Facilitating successful client sessions including presenting in a professional and dynamic manner
- Maintaining in depth (mainly functional) knowledge of Electronic Trading, Pre- and Post-Trade Analytics and (internal) Contribution products
- Facilitating methodology and data validation engagements at the client site or Thomson Reuters offices
- Initiate new and current client implementation projects including
- Supporting and consulting new and existing clients about implementation and industry best practices, as well as knowledge gained from previous Thomson Reuters implementation
- Gathering new and existing client’s business needs, system and/or software requirements, and articulating solution propositions to meet these requirement
- Facilitating the client consulting sessions at either client site or at Thomson Reuters offices
- Acting as a Project Manager or working in conjunction with the Project Managers in smoothly taking the client through the solution sales and implementation to production
- Training new and existing clients on how to properly use Thomson Reuters solutions based on the clients methodology and needs
- Translate clients business needs into requirements and solution design including
- Assessing true client needs and identifying possible solutions so customer can gain maximum benefit from standard product
- Transitioning knowledge of client methodology and workflow to the assigned project team
- Engage with internal stakeholders
- Support the business of GTM and proposition management by developing, promoting and implementing High Value Professional Services packages
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in workflows around the areas of Electronic Trading, Pre- and Post-Trade Analytics and (internal) Contribution
- Three or more years of providing consultative services to high profile clients
- Several years of experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements and responding with options and recommendations to meet the requirements
- Outstanding interpersonal and business communication skills
- Always portrays a positive and constructive attitude
- Proven problem-resolution experience
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed
Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum of five years of consulting experience or experience in the Electronic Trading business, additional experiences in Pre- and Post-Trade Analytics and/or (internal) Contribution is desirable
- Strong facilitation and client guidance skills;
- Strong project management skills
- Read, write and speak English for the purpose of contributing to presentations, documentation, training, contracting SOW, customer support.
- Ability to lead large, diverse and even difficult group meetings for customers
- Ability to lead facilitated sessions and properly guide discussion and decisions
- Pro-active in seeking information and solutions
- Fast learner able to quickly grasp and understand complex concepts
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with different levels of management
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.