This Senior Software Engineering position entails working on multidimensional initiatives as a member of functional and project related team efforts. Projects are complex; work on a particular system or application requires multiple areas of domain and/or technology expertise. A Senior Software Engineer is accountable for the quality of his/her own work, and expected to deliver within agreed procedures and timeframes and focused on internal and/or external customer needs. The role requires a good understanding of business applications and how to work with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them. Also required is a strong understanding of Agile methodologies as the projects assigned are follow general IT best practices.
Primary Job Duties
- Researches, designs, develops and integrates applications at a senior-level as per agreed upon specifications.
- Writes new software or makes modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with written specifications.
- Develops software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to industry standards and software best practice guidelines.
- On a daily basis, writes code and unit tests, ensuring development standards are being followed.
- Analyzes functional specifications, producing technical specifications
- Participates in team code reviews and impact assessments.
- Participates in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provides design options, and provides work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Recommends solutions for software enhancements.
- Provides accurate and timely status reports on work progress, as needed.
- Provides technical guidance and coaching to and collaborates with team members, interacting with colleagues across the globe on a daily basis.
- Other duties will include: production support and subsequent defect research, assistance in technical and/or system documentation may be needed to aid support teams. -
-Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent required.
- 5+ years’ development experience.
- Demonstrated ability and passion to continuously and independently learn the technologies needed for a given assignment. Bonus Skills / Experience
- Development or dev/ops in the cloud (AWS, Azure, etc) - Data Science / Big Data - AI / Machine Automation
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.