Thomson Reuters Finance & Risk is looking to add a ‘UI - Sr. Software Engineer' to our new World–Check One team at our new Technology Center in Toronto, Ontario. We have recently announced the expansion of our Canadian operations with the creation of a new technology center in downtown Toronto, Ontario. Toronto is home to an emerging ecosystem of world-class technology talent and the new Technology Center will be the preeminent hub of innovation. Our plan is to create around 1,500 technology and operations jobs in the coming few years, starting with an initial tranche of 400 roles at the new Center.
This challenging position requires someone to think independently, but still work well with others. This is a chance to get in and make an immediate impact. It is an opportunity to work for a great company with smart people on a large and successful system that is used worldwide. With the considerable client uptake, the platform is already reaching its original design limits and migration to the Cloud, specifically AWS, to provide a high scalability solution is high on the agenda for this year. Experience in this area is highly desirable. The ‘UI - Sr. Software Engineer' should have the ability to deliver high quality work on time in a high-energy environment while collaborating and brainstorming with other developers in a dynamic team environment. A combination of strong planning, organization, time management skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects are key.
The ‘UI - Sr. Software Engineer' will also contribute to the maintenance and support of production systems as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is required
- Expert coding skills including significant knowledge of core libraries(DojoJS, Grunt, React) and common design patterns
- 1 to 2 years of leadership skills with a track record of mentoring, settting technical goals, and delegating tasks - Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize work effectively
- Ability for writing clean code that is easy to understand
- Solid experience using Object Oriented design patterns and software development methodologies
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and guidance to achieve goals
- Experience using Agile Methodologies
- Customer first approach to software development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (ability to communicate effectively with technical staff, Business Analysts, management, and business team members)
- Managing code and changes in a team environment to include experience with source control utilities, such as Git
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging experience
- Comfortable doing small-scale design in addition to hands-on development
- Working and interacting with a geographically and culturally diverse team
- Mentoring junior developers - Web technologies a plus, to include: AngularJS, CSS and HTML 5 -
Experience with XML (XPath, XSLT, etc.)
- Other experience a plus, to include: NodeJS, Java, JEE, Tomcat, Hibernate/JPA, UML, React, .NET
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.