Connected Risk is a product that has been recently acquired by Thomson Reuters. Our focus is developing packaged products for using in Enterprise Risk Management solutions. The product has a great deal of flexibility and can be configured to deliver a wide variety of software modules. A lot of this configuration is able to be done by non technical people using web based drag and drop techniques.
We're looking for a team lead who wants to combine their leadership role with hands on Java development to work as part of the Connected Risk Development team.
As a Development Team Lead, you’ll be responsible for the line management of a number of developers, setting their objectives, ensuring performance against those objectives and supporting them in their career development.
You’ll also oversee and take part in the analysis, definition, design, implementation, testing, maintenance and support of the Connected Risk toolkit, working closely with Quality Manager to ensure that what we deliver is to a high standard.
Main Responsibilities :
• Responsible for delivery by and management of a small technical team of typically 6-8 engineers
• Support and lead your team, monitoring and addressing performance issues and providing career development guidance
• Develop software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines, and corporate policies.
• Drive a focus on quality in the team, taking accountability for ensuring that code is properly unit tested and reviewed prior to release and working with the QA team to ensure a successful transition into test.
• Provide technical support to operations or other development teams
• Create, review, and maintain all required technical documentation to ensure supportability and reuse
• Provide technical guidance to team members, and review the work they do.
• Assist with improvements to prevent problems, including problem resolution workflow.
• Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
• Organise and chair team and status meetings, providing timely status updates for areas of individual and team responsibilities within projects to supervisor
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.