Legal Product Management has an opening for a Product Manager with experience with the design and development of legal accounting products. As a Product Manager, you’ll help define the product strategy and vision, work with customers to uncover and document important, unmet user needs, and collaborate with a team of research, strategy, engineering, user experience, and marketing talent to bring products to the market. In this specific role, you will be responsible for designing and developing a new global cloud-based general ledger system for small to mid-sized law firms as part of Firm Central. Legal Product Management has an opening for a Product Manager with experience with the design and development of legal accounting products. As a Product Manager, you’ll help define the product strategy and vision, work with customers to uncover and document important, unmet user needs, and collaborate with a team of research, strategy, engineering, user experience, and marketing talent to bring products to the market. In this specific role, you will be responsible for designing and developing a new global cloud-based general ledger system for small to mid-sized law firms as part of Firm Central.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Manage complete product lifecycle including market requirements, product release plans, and product launch and organizational readiness activities.
- Write detailed user stories/requirements based on your product knowledge, industry experience, and market, customer, and competitive research.
- Serve as product owner throughout the agile development process to ensure the product vision and market strategy is brought to life.
- Participate in daily or weekly product team, story grooming and acceptance, and sprint review meetings.
- Constantly and consistently build and prioritize the user story backlog and participate in Agile Scrum grooming sessions to communicate clearly the story intent and acceptance criteria.
- Research target market changes and trends and utilize analysis to identify market requirements for current and future product consideration.
- Work with the user experience (UX) team to design highly functional, usable, and visually appealing products and assist in testing their usability.
- Work with the Product Marketing team throughout the product launch process and ensure organizational readiness for all departments.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- 4-year college degree - 5 years’ experience in product management
- 2+ years’ experience designing or working with general ledger accounting systems, including chart of accounts, accounts payable, accounts receivable, journals, and financial reports
- Understanding of specific accounting requirements of the legal industry, including trust accounting and work-in-progress tracking
- Understanding of legal practice management systems, like Firm Central, ProLaw, Enterprise, 3E, or others highly desirable
- Experience Agile software development methodology and Pragmatic Marketing product management framework a plus
- Proven analytical skills, attention to detail, and accuracy - Exceptional communication skills, written, verbal and presentation.
- Ability to work both independently, and as a member of a team, across a highly-matrixed organization to accomplish objectives
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple, complex projects simultaneously, while adapting to changing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.