The Investing and Advisory (I&A) sector within the Financial and Risk business of Thomson Reuters is accountable for our offerings servicing Investment Managers, Investment Bankers, Research Analysts, and Quant professionals. We are looking to hire a Head of Sell Side Research in our Proposition Management function.
The Head of Sell Side Research is responsible for defining the propositions we deliver to sell side Economists and Sector analyst users, spanning product, content, commercial and service requirements and designing a sustainable long term strategy for growth which reflects the market and competitive dynamics to ensure Thomson Reuters has the capabilities and relationships to deliver differentiated and industry leading value to our customers. They will also be responsible for driving research distribution and content partnerships to enhance the value of Sell side content on Thomson Reuters platforms. They will have responsibility for setting the long term strategy (product and commercial), own business planning and success metrics including revenue growth, and driving product usage and adoption with end user communities. They will achieve this through developing key client and industry partnerships, collaborating with regional sales teams, product management, content and support teams, to create an engaged and valued extended team across reporting lines. This position will require a thorough understanding of our users and their workflow and content needs, commercial dynamics of the market, industry trends and competitive intelligence. This position will require influencing and direct collaboration with the sales channel, clients, customer support, product management and other functional groups.
• Develop and manage mid-long term growth strategy with Sell side banks that captures strategic opportunities in core and adjacent spaces as well as addresses major long-terms risks in this space
• Critical member of the overall Research and Portfolio Management proposition team, and global horizontal, bringing and leading the requisite team together to ensure that the short, medium and long term needs of the proposition are realized and measured
• Develop relationships with critical customers to ensure their strategic needs/drivers are being understood and factored into our proposition plan
• Partner with sell side firms to identify and on-board their research, content and other offerings (corporate access, etc) to support and drive value for our buyside and investment banking propositions. Identify, shape and define new business opportunities and propositions in partnership with sell side firms. Negotiate research and content spend with sell side brokers • Participate as required in industry conferences to represent Thomson Reuters as a thought leader in this space • Drive the overall commercial framework for servicing this client base
• This role will report in to the Head of Portfolio Management and Research in I&A, with dotted line reporting to the Global Head of Capital Markets & Advisory
• 10 years + experience in relevant industry; a seasoned professional in the Research ecosystem space; strong business and commercial experience
• Ability to negotiate multi-million dollar spend with Directors of Research at the big bulge investment banks
• Strong project execution skills; an acute eye for detail and the ability to multi-task
• Deep knowledge of the Research market, including but not exclusively regulatory trends
• Passion for customer centricity, excellent relationship management and inter personal skills
• A highly collaborative individual with a strong service ethic and the ability to work well across boundaries and manage the needs of multiple stakeholders
• CFA or MBA a plus
• Ability to think strategically
• Excellent communications /client relationship skills
• Ability to present to large audiences
• Effective leadership Influencing across boundaries
• Ability to build relationships at senior levels
• Cultural awareness and understanding/respect for the varying cultures across the region
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.