OBJECTIVE: Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Through its more than 50,000 people across 93 countries, Thomson Reuters delivers this must-have insight to the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, and is powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The eDiscovery Technical Support Representative is responsible for managing multiple aspects of specific client matters, from diagnosing technical issues to implementation of software. The eDiscovery Technical Support Representative will be a key member in our Legal Managed Services Technical Services team and will support multiple products within the Westlaw CaseLogistix product family and eDiscovery Point. He/she will develop relationships with customers by utilizing excellent communication skills and a high degree of professionalism. Under general supervision is responsible for providing technical support for products and services provided by Thomson Reuters or their contracted partners. Serves as a recognized expert within the company having extensive knowledge and experience.
- Responds to technical inquiries and problem reports received through the Call Center systems or submitted directly from other Thomson West departments.
- Provides responses to technical inquiries. May involve training a customer on compatibility, operation, installation, and parameter configuration issues, or simply explaining the scope of a service or product.
- Troubleshoots, identifies and resolves complex problems using vendor documentation, scripts, and extensive knowledge and/or experience.
- Helps callers deploy solutions and verify that problems are resolved. This may involve remotely connecting to the caller’s computer to assist them or take control of the system to fix it at a distance.
- Maintains and tracks all issues in call tracking systems.
- Help document new FAQs, and technical tip materials. Also contributes to Knowledge bases. - Other duties as required. Knowledge and Skills - IT-related background.
- Solid understanding of PCs, both hardware and software, and Windows.
- Excellent communication and client interface skills (verbal and written).
- Technical writing experience.
- Good organizational skills.
- Problem solver with proven analytical skills.
- Technically savvy with a strong proficiency in Microsoft Windows and related software, especially Microsoft Office applications (Outlook®, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, etc.).
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and support the team’s goals above individual goals.
- Ability to take initiative and understand tasks quickly with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow instructions thoroughly while paying attention to detail.
- Knowledge of any document review management application like Westlaw CaseLogistix, Ringtail Legal, Concordance, Summation, IPRO or Relativity.
- Litigation support experience.
- Professional demeanor.
- ACEDs certification is a plus.
- Bi-Lingual expertise is a plus.
- SQL Server experience is a plus
REQUIREMENTS: - Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience with a proven ability to support and resolve system problems.
- 5+ years experience in network environments and demonstrated knowledge of Windows operating systems
- 5+ years experience in assisting end users on setting up general PC applications.
-Hours: - 10:30 AM – 7 PM
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.