We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
As a Java developer, you'll join our FXT Administration team. We're responsible for developing the administration for Thomson Reuters new FXT trading system, which brings together our existing FX trading systems into a single solution. You'll be writing a new administration system enabling simple management for the tens of thousands of users who rely on FXT. As a new system, it is essential we can on-board thousands of users quickly, efficiently and without error - getting them ready to trade on the new platform. You'll be part of the team making this happen. Our system combines a web based front end utilizing some of the latest web technologies such as AngularJS and TypeScript. This is coupled to a globally distributed highly resilient enterprise Java core. You might be extending the system to enable the management of a new trading capability or working out how to store data so it can be easily managed whist providing clients fast access to the data.
Main Responsibilities :
Working as a member of a software delivery team within the Technology Development group based in Nottingham, the successful candidate would fulfill the following duties and responsibilities:
• Reviewing specifications and working with the Business Analyst and Product team to refine the business and functional requirements.
• Software analysis and design against agreed requirements and functional specifications. - Liaising with the business team, architects and other developers to ensure correct interpretation of business requirements.
• Estimating the effort required to produce work products and producing work breakdowns. - Preparing and collaborating on technical specifications, designs, and code for software components developed by the team.
• Software implementation, maintenance and problem resolution.
• Designing and implementing unit test cases. - Reviewing designs, specifications and software changes.
• Assisting in the creation and preparation of product releases.
• Helping to diagnose faults and implement potential solutions when issues are reported on the Production systems.
• Taking technical ownership of particular components or work items.
• Provision of 3rd level support for some customers and 2nd level support for selected users.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Experience of application development using Java EE.
• Experience of developing with the Spring Framework - Experience of REST - Experience with JUnit
• Experience with Unit Testing
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Sound understanding of software development issues, methodologies, best practice, and processes within a professional software development practice
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Test-driven development with continuous integration using JUnit, EasyMock and Jenkins. - Oracle database and Coherence caches.
• ASP.NET MVC and C#.
• Understanding of the financial markets, the requirements of participants within those markets, and electronic trading systems serving those participants
Degree Educated in a relevant discipline e.g. computer science/engineering desirable
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.