There is an immediate vacancy for a:
Head of Business Development - Direct Tax- Germany (f/m)
based in Frankfurt.
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government. Headquartered in New York, Tax & Accounting has major operations in Ann Arbor, Dallas, Hyderabad, London, Sydney and Toronto.
Working as part of Thomson Reuters’ Tax & Accounting business, you will be responsible for leading the sales team and driving business growth for ONESOURCE in Germany, focused on Direct Tax and Statutory Reporting solutions.
More information can be found here:
Direct Tax: https://tax.thomsonreuters.co.uk/onesource/
Statutory Reporting: https://tax.thomsonreuters.co.uk/onesource/accounts-production/
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROLE:
- Lead and represent Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting business in Germany
- Reaching and exceeding the personal and team targets and goals for the ONESOURCE Germany Sales Team
- Driving new business and developing activities across Tax & Accounting with a consultative sales approach
- Coaching and developing Business Development Managers to succeed as high performance employees, guiding and advising individuals on their performance, actions and day to day activities
- Accurately forecast sales pipeline via salesforce.com with weekly, monthly and quarterly focus
- Working collaboratively and building robust relationships with our alliance partners in Germany
- Building lasting relationships with senior level customer contacts in Tax, Finance and Compliance
- Actively identify growth opportunities to deliver quota requirements through the creation and implementation of sales strategies for each business development manager and self
- Research and develop market understanding to create focus lists of potential customers
- Leveraging market research, domain, and solution selling expertise to determine customer needs and create optimal sales strategy
- Maintaining up-to-date understanding of industry & regulatory trends and technical developments that affect target markets
- Establish, collaborate, develop, and maintain industry or other business segment contacts that lead to sales and robust pipelines
- Develop and deliver sales presentations that educate the customer and shorten sales cycle
- Provide product feedback and enhancements required to penetrate new markets or accounts
- Travel to customer sites as needed to close opportunities and develop relationship with key personnel, decision makers and C-Level Executives
- Travel to EMEA head office in London as reasonably required
PERSON SPECIFICATION - REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Masters degree in business, finance and economics or equivalent degree
- Preferably German Tax Advisor Certificate, Qualified Accountant or equivalent
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise on Tax & Accounting value proposition
- Proven track record of selling complex solutions (minimum 5 years)
- Management of teams
- Leadership skills
- Sales experience in professional services and/or software
- Wide network within German tax compliance and reporting market
- Ability to understand, articulate the strategic value of the Tax & Accounting offerings with strong business acumen; demonstrated ability to plan and execute sales strategies and coach these
- Ability to communicate with customers in a consultative, face to face selling environment in a way that builds value for the customer and facilitates opportunities for future sales
- Ability to relate and effectively interact with C-level executives
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently & collectively and effectively in a fast-paced, expanding product sales environment
- Ability to build relationships, influence and gain resources from across the organization
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Fluent in German and English is a must
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.