Job Responsibilities include:
You will design, implement, extend, integrate, and execute test strategies for one or more of our key products. We are actively developing new features for our cloud offering. You will be responsible for analyzing business and technical requirements and producing test plans and test cases and then executing them. Additionally, you will need to be able to work on REST services to support our application. You will be working in an Agile/Scrum environment. Active interaction with internal customers, including developers, Quality Assurance, Product Management, Tax Research, Professional Services, and Customer Support counterparts is an integral part of the role.
Key tasks include:
- Automate and execute functional test processes within our existing automation framework
- Create and enhance automation scripts and tools to incorporate framework components
- Analyze test coverage and results to ensure functionality
- Build tools to test coverage and improve framework and tool integration
- Develop test cases for new functionality and existing functionality not already covered
- Analyze test results to ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Execute functional, application, performance, and regression tests
- Enhance tool reporting and analysis capabilities
- Provide technical expertise to other team members
- Provide architectural input on new and existing QA and testing solutions
- Create and maintain design and implementation documentation in support of work performed
- Maintain solid relationships within R&D and with cross-functional peers
- Assist in customer issue resolution
Job and work experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of quality assurance experience
- 3+ years of test automation development experience
- 3+ years of professional experience designing, developing, deploying, and supporting products in an enterprise web application or SaaS environment
- Experience with full lifecycle development, including requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding, unit testing, and acceptance testing
- Experience with agile/iterative design and development methodologies
- Java and J2EE development and analysis experience
- Experience testing in JSON, CSS, HTML5, and Angular.js frameworks
- Experience testing SOAP and RESTful services (preferably with SoapUI)
- Experience designing and maintaining Selenium tests
- Experience in test automation with Protractor for Angular JS apps
- Previous use of HP Quality Center and Jenkins is desired
- Performance and load testing expertise is desired
- Experience in any of the following is considered a plus:
- A variety of open source frameworks
- Prior work experience in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Performance testing, analysis, and tuning experience
Other specialized knowledge and skills required:
- Strong analytical and design skills
- Highly accountable for meeting all commitments and deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, for technical and non-technical audiences
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.