Position – Financial Modelling & Conversion Technical Associate
Location – Bangalore
Financial Modelling & Conversion Team provides support on a wide range of Thomson Reuters Excel Add-in products. This involves building/converting financial models for our investment banking, sell side research, asset management, government and corporate clients and handling bespoke requirements of these global clients. In addition, as the Associate's skills improve, they will develop complex financial models over time using Microsoft excel and vba. FMC Technical Associates will also ensure that clients obtain maximum value from the Thomson Reuters Excel based products by deploying and implementing programming tools (VBA) to develop custom business solutions.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Work with Investment Bankers, Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts, Internal stakeholders and clients from several different financial segments to build/assist in building/automating financial models within Excel.
- Automate customized financial models and convert/rebuild client proprietary templates originally built in competitor products such as FactSet, Bloomberg, and CapIQ using Thomson Reuters Add-ins for both buy side and sell side clients. This includes Thomson Reuters Eikon(TREMO), TRMSO, Datastream(DFO/AFO) excel add-ins. Moreover, the Technical Associate should interpret, analyse the user's add in requirements and help automate their financial models.
- Interact with clients on a need basis, recommend solutions to them and provide support on excel add-in and other data retrieval via APIs.
- Collaborate with various Thomson Reuters functional teams in order to answer client queries and resolve automation/technical related issues.
- Work with Sales Specialists, Client Specialists and Account Managers to ensure that all Thomson Reuters Excel based projects contribute to new business generation, retention as well as growth at existing accounts.
- Work with other teams (Frontline Support, Technical Support, Content, Product management, Account management, Sales Specialists, and Commercial managers) to quickly resolve client issues.
- Maintain proper account and end user documentation via FMC management systems.
- Assist in the continual development and evolution of the Financial Modelling and Conversion Team skills.
- Work closely with the conversion analysts to understand and automate the workflows using VBA.
- Regularly communicate the project status to the Manager.
Working Hours: Asia and UK Time Zones. Only Weekday support
- MCA/B Tech (Computer Science)/BCA with basic understanding about the financial markets.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in financial services industry.
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- MUST have strong analytical skills.
- Excellent programming skills in any of the Microsoft technologies.
- Excellent Computer skills - especially Microsoft Excel and VBA.
- Excellent problem solving skills and willingness to handle complex customer problems independently.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment. High level of engagement with internal groups-GTM & Proposition-to deliver highly customized solutions to end-users.
- Curios and ambitious to learn and master customer workflows and then visualize, design and execute bespoke solutions.
- Ability to meet deadlines and expected levels of service quality.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and delivering all of them within the timeframe by meeting desired service expectations.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.