Reporting to Managing Director, Region Head – Asia, Financial and Risk
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Role Overview :
The Head of Financial & Risk Business, South Asia is a regional “go to” market leadership role responsible to lead, manage and grow revenue and market share profitably within the Financial Institutions and Corporates by driving retention and maintain high level of customer satisfaction.
The business is currently close to ~$90 M and market opportunities poise it for a double digit growth.
This role will be based in Mumbai and will be responsible for leading a large and diverse workforce, in depth knowledge of financial markets, proven experience in building strategic customer relationships and a strong sales leader.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the growth and development of their direct and wider team, building skills and capabilities and driving talent agenda in the region
- Exercising leadership and business judgment on commercial issues to ensure and maintain customer satisfaction and profitable growth
- Setting Clear directions and objectives
- Driving for results
- Embracing and facilitating change and innovation
- Site leadership
- Determine, define and drive Financial Institutions and Corporate revenue growth in South Asia through a well-grounded plan that balances external market environment, opportunities / risks, products / solutions and resources to optimize performance
- Develop relevant capability within the sales team to drive and sustain continued growth and appropriate KPIs
- Develop a short term and long term strategy for customer retention, revenue growth and market share profitably
- Develop and own senior relationships with key decision makers and executives within customer base
- Own the overall Go-To-Market (GTM) strategy for Financial Institutions and Corporates and execute successfully against plans to grow revenue and client retention
- Implement an “enterprise approach” with such customers; execute on a strategy to support achievement of the annual and longer-term financial goals which have been set
- Continually building up industry knowledge within Financial Institutions Segment to keep pace with developing trends
- Drive enhanced revenues and customer satisfaction by developing company-specific plans that align the customer’s needs with the evolving capabilities of Financial Institutions and Corporates
- Ensure world class service is delivered to key stakeholders (C-level, Dept. Heads) within these customer segments in the region
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- 20+ years’ experience in sales/account management with a strong customer focus in a matrix environment.
- Deep knowledge and strong track record within the financial services market and products with demonstrated experience of leadership and management in this specific business
- Expertise in the financial domain with proven success in growing market share
- Familiarity to the India market or prior working with Indian customers is desired though not a must have
- Proven track record in driving business growth, retention and maintaining high level customer satisfaction
- Experience in leading teams, including virtual teams. Maintain open and collaborative relationships with team to provide leadership on aspects of values, demonstration, strategy and progres
- Market and industry insight – demonstrated expertise within global financial markets, including knowledge of the key institutions and market players. Regularly coaches others on industry value chains
- Understanding of competitive landscaping and differentiation – demonstrates knowledge of competitor offerings, strategies, sales and tactics from a local perspective. Networking – ability to build a robust network of peers and experts, maintaining relationships with a large number of key stakeholders that provide insights into market trends
- Strong collaboration skills with a proven track record of building collaborative relationships with customers and partners
- Executive presence and experience to leverage resources based on both influence and authority
- Strong knowledge of the region and key products across all BUs
- Strong communication and change management skills
Critical Competencies for Success
The incumbent must be capable of providing strategic sales leadership in the context of a fast growing financial markets segment with a rapidly increasing India footprint. S/he will bring an established track record of sales leadership and developing and nurturing CXO relationships. S/he will ensure success of the planned strategy through a focused, targeted and aggressive pursuit of key accounts, and sales initiatives around them:
- Develop an overall Go-To-Market strategy for the sales process and client management
- Apply a consultative and value-driven approach to client relationships
- Cultivate and leverage an extensive network of contacts within the focus market of India
- Implement rigorous opportunity management to optimize existing client expansion as well as the development of new client relationships
- Play a hands-on role with a the team
- Bring focus and accountability around key performance indicators
S/he will build and manage an A+ sales and client services team in India to support the aggressive growth agenda in the following manner:
- Rally the team around the vision by making it real and tangible for them
- Lead from the front, developing strong personal rapport and credibility with the team
- Implement a disciplined process for objective setting, business development, opportunity management and results reviews
- Mentor and steer in the right direction with the appropriate performance indicators, management reporting and internal communication
- Driving a strong performance culture, in which talent and contributions are rewarded, visibly.
Other Personal Characteristics
- Business-oriented and customer-focused
- A leader who can organize and motivate subordinates, and who is highly skilled at people management
- Good listener and excellent communicator
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Personal style, intellect and attitude allowing him to relate well to and maintain strong relationships with customers and business associates
- Person of integrity and credibility, respected by others
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.