The Global Partner Marketplace team is responsible for driving the strategy and growth of TR’s strategic partnership business through existing partners and initiation of new ‘outbound’ and ‘inbound’ content partnerships in support of our 2020 strategy. The Director Global Partners Japan, will manage our most important and impactful (Blue Chip) partners by working directly with the Customer Proposition and Market Development leads to develop new partnership strategies and relationships as well as integrations and capabilities to expand TR’s platform, footprint and revenues globally.
Tokyo, reporting to the Head of Partner Marketplace
- Work with TR Customer Proposition, Market Development and Sales to achieve partner facilitated revenue growth
- Support TR’s cross market Blue Chip partners, covering our Wealth, Risk, Trading, Enterprise & Corporates propositions.
- Establish C-suite level dialogue and relationships with partners, prospective partners.
- Arrange and chair recurring ‘horizontal’ meetings to seek and maintain alignment on who the Blue Chip partners are and the strategy for how we work with them. These horizontal team meetings should include the relevant local leads for Customer Proposition, Market Development and Sales.
- ‘Launch with impact’ initiatives with Blue Chip Partners that focus on selling the partners strengths, competitive plays and replicable partner facilitated wins. To include arranging events with clients, ‘show and tells’ (training) for internal staff, maintaining up to date partner profiles and, where available, sharing partner client lists with GTM etc
- Build deep understanding of partners’ businesses and value propositions; identify changing market needs and opportunities. Develop extensive relationships within partner sales, marketing and product management organizations.
- Leverage business analytics to identify opportunity, forecast revenues and track performance indicators. This includes the use of our ‘Trust’ CRM system, the partner on-boarding tracker and partner dashboard.
- Own contract management activities, driving all negotiations and drafting of proposals, term sheets, issuance of notifications, and other legal communications as required through coordination with Legal, the Governance Committee, Rights Management, Finance, and Market Development
- When necessary, deliver against Proposition content strategy for ‘inbound’ content partnership
- 5-10 years of Japanese Financial Markets experience (within the Wealth Management field a bonus), with a focus on strategic business development and relationship management.
- Experience working with Partners and Partner solutions, preferably within Financial Markets.
- Ability to understand partner solutions from a technical perspective inclusive of software, infrastructure and client access/delivery.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills in Japanese & English.
- A successful track record in working with clients/partners in a consultative manner, understanding workflow to deliver partner solutions.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Creative problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build to build relations and present to prospective partners and internal audiences, including senior management and peers.
- Experience working with Cloud, AI or other innovative fields a bonus.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Knowledge of financial markets, technology & partnering
- Strong external relationships particularly within Financial services companies, Systems Integrators and/or technology companies
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.