POSITION REPORTS TO: Manager, Support Services
POSITION SUPERVISES: No Supervisory Responsibilities
Risk is a fast-growing Thomson Reuters business. It focuses on connecting our customers’ business to the ever ever-changing regulatory environment, with client groups including compliance, audit, legal and risk functions in financial services, law firms, accounting firms, regulators, insurance, energy and other industries undergoing regulatory change. The global business has employees located in major locations across all regions of the world. Industry expectations are that governance, risk and compliance market will grow rapidly worldwide over the next few years, and this business unit positions Thomson Reuters very strongly to take advantage of these increasing opportunities.
The Risk unit works with teams across Thomson Reuters to leverage the full capabilities of the business.
The Technical Support Engineer role is responsible for supporting Thomson Reuters GRC applications. This position requires working with internal & external customers; researching and troubleshooting technical issues related to the software.
Strong spoken and written English is required. Strong spoken and written Japanese is preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop product knowledge in order to resolve customer questions and issues
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, consistent follow-through to assure problems are resolved and ability to respond to last minute requests
- Software troubleshooting ability for problem research and error isolation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate with individuals with all levels of technical and non-technical skill sets (i.e. Developers, Project Managers and external Customers)
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Accountable for providing consistent and timely communication of client status to Thomson Reuters management
- Use Web Ex and conference calls with clients to resolve issues or demonstrate solutions if necessary
- Lead any work required to manage critical risks and issues related to customer success
- Able to work hours outside the normal business hours on occasion
- Provide Project Management oversight to data and solution implementations, assisting with set up & training, and providing ‘Best Practices’ recommendations as needed.
- Provide technical support for 3rd party partners and resellers on DF integration, utilization, and issue resolution.
- Assistance with eGRC Japanese phone support and basic queries.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Case Management - Resolution rate and time to resolution
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: BA or BS degree required. Business, IT, Compliance, and Management majors are preferred.
- Experience in OS, middleware and application software troubleshooting & problem solving.
- Proven creative problem-resolution experience, high attention to detail and be able to anticipate and resolve client issues
- Experience with support/ticketing systems highly desired. Experience with Sales Force a plus.
- Experience with web based support tools like: Webex, GoTo Mtg, Live Mtg.
- Knowledge and experience working with raw data (text, flat file, XML, etc) in an analysis or data management capacity highly desired.
- Experience working with data bases (SQL, MS Access) or MS Excel to perform data prep and management activities highly desired.
- Knowledge of Compliance rules and regulations and How Technology drives the information to our industry’s customer base
- Two to five years experience managing multiple client requests, preferably in a software company.
- Idea Prior experience or knowledge of financial services or compliance a plus.
- Ideally would have a good working knowledge of Thomson Reuters GRC products, not mandatory.
- Prior experience or knowledge of BSA/AML/CFT systems, data, or processes a huge plus.
- Prior experience working with International Government Watch List and the screening of their risk databases (World-Check).
- Experience working with API/Web Service SOAP Network Environments.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and people skills.
- Able to win people over with calm confidence and well articulated messages
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to handle multiple projects/clients simultaneously
- Problem Solving. Deliberate, pro-active in seeking information and solutions. Root cause analysis, able to develop strategic & creative courses of action
- Ability to professionally handle complex situations in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple issues or requests with a positive and constructive attitude
- Excellent communication and people skills essential
- Fluent English is must/ Fluent Japanese is a big plus.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.