At Thomson Reuters we are taking our talent acquisition team to the next level, making improvements that will better allow us to bring in the best technology talent to the right role at the right time. That’s why we are looking for a Sourcing Specialist - Technology to help drive our bold technology hiring goals while also bringing new, innovative ideas to our TA team.
The Sourcing Specialist works closely with our Talent Acquisition (TA) Partners and Hiring Managers to develop creative strategies to find the best technologists. He/she uses various channels to source potential candidates: contacting passive candidates and building talent pipelines for future hiring needs. You must have excellent networking skills, know how to source on internal systems and social media, and enjoy partnering with stakeholders to understand and deliver on a variety of complex, critical roles.
If this opportunity sounds compelling, we invite you to bring your skills and passion to this exciting position!
- Work closely with TA Partners and hiring managers to deeply understand technical requirements of the role, the function and how it fits into the organization
- Proactively conduct research and investigate new methods of finding passive candidates including: complex internet searches, social and professional networking groups, events, referral generation, blogs, diversity resources, competitor research and the development of existing candidate relationships
- Find, engage and activate passive candidates through the use of Boolean, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques
- Develop and execute on diverse sourcing strategies in line with business goals and recommendations
- Screen resumes and interview candidates to determine basic qualifications; presents engaged passive candidates to recruiter
- Regularly track pipeline activity to share with internal stakeholders
- Recommend and drive improvements that impact local pipeline areas
- Meet/exceed key sourcing performance metrics around candidate submissions and hires
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Business, Marketing, Human Resources or related area
- 3-5 years technical sourcing experience (e.g., engineers - Agile or Java preferred, cybersecurity, product managers,) with a search firm or in-house recruiting team
- Experience in the Toronto market
- Experience working with and building sourcing strategies with recruiters and hiring teams
- Excellent research/sourcing skills with ability to dive deep into searches for hard-to-fill roles (expertise in alternative search engines, Boolean search strings, and data mining)
- Deep knowledge of sourcing and research methodologies including online tools, job boards, social networks and pipeline development; experience developing and executing recruitment marketing campaigns is a plus
- Knowledge of technology target companies, conferences, open source communities
- Experience in engaging with passive candidates and screening resumes to match basic qualifications
- Demonstrable experience building and managing candidate pipelines, using CRM and other technology to support efforts
- Strong customer and labor market focus and the ability to translate this into a targeted approach
- Self-starter who is dedicated, demonstrates a sense of urgency and continually aims for results
- High energy with a passion for creating innovative solutions and sourcing strategies
- Demonstrated success collaborating, partnering, negotiating and influencing at all levels and across all functions of a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to recognize the root cause of issues and come up with solutions
- Strong project management skills with the ability to organize work and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- High tolerance for continuously evolving needs and enthusiasm for continuous process improvement
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.