The Technical Client Advisor works directly with customers and serves as a member of our product support team. The Technical Client Advisor is the primary point-person for technical and integration connections between Legal Tracker and other systems.
This is a customer facing position with a focus on integrations. This is not a system administrator position. The ideal candidate is a technically skilled problem solver who is motivated by customer success.
- Serve as key technical resource within Support Team, and Client Relations Group overall, for users’ technical issues, including web services, API, SFTP, AD, SSO etc.
- Provide project management of customer’s technical projects
- Provide technical advice and support
- Triage customer problems and escalate bugs or issues, diagnose root problems/causes, and escalate to appropriate personnel depending on the diagnosed root problem/cause
- Serve as a liaison, and help manage interaction, between Support Team and technical teams within the organization, including Quality Assurance, Product Management, Development, and IT to ensure that client technical issues get addressed in a timely manner
- Conduct user training sessions, with special emphasis on technical portions of product offerings
- Identify and escalate issues to appropriate resource internally
- Work with manager and cross-functional leaders to identify process issues, and develop and improve processes for technical support issues
- Participate, and serve as liaison for Support Team, in inter-departmental meetings relating to technical issues, product feature requests, and support/client relations (often advocating for users’ technical and product needs)
- Recognize and promote opportunities for technical professional services
- Help train internal staff on technical and product issues
- Advise and guide others on the Support Team on technical and product issues
- Partner with others in the Client Relations Group and Thomson Reuters overall to ensure client retention and satisfaction
- Recommend and advocate for product enhancements based on product expertise and analysis/evaluation of client needs
- SaaS Integration Knowledge and Experience. Must understand Web Services, APIs, SFTP, Active Directory, etc.
- Customer service; ability to handle support issues with tact and diplomacy
- Hands-on experience with network devices, network architecture, and firewall management
- Practical experience with all aspects of enterprise application suites (networks, database configuration, server configuration, web server optimization, load balancing hardware, SQL tuning, etc.)
- Ability to handle and identify priorities for multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to communicate information clearly in writing and over the phone
- Problem-solving skills
- Modify practices and procedures to meet individual client situations, suggesting workarounds as needed
- Project management skills, aptitude or experience
Experience and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in CIS, MIS, or Computer Science is preferred (or equivalent job experience including a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Technical Support Engineer and/or a Systems Administrator dealing with external clients.
- Software solutions support experience.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and implementing Web technologies
- Technical expertise required, including a demonstrated knowledge of software technology and integration
- Experience in working with computer systems/databases required
- Understanding of business and/or accounting processes preferred
- Understanding of Accounts Payable software preferred
- Understanding of ERP software preferred
- Experience working in the legal industry preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Bellevue-Washington-United States of America