Project Manager will be managing, supporting and coaching a team of project and program managers and will be accountable for delivery of specific program(s) of Technology work.
Typical scope of the projects will be greater than 6 months, involve more than 10 FTEs which are cross functional and be a project that is critical to the company meeting its objectives.
Team members in a Project Manager role are expected to display core competencies such as
Project Delivery, Financial Management, Risk Management, and Estimating and Planning. Expected expertise in each of these areas will vary based on job level.
Main Responsibilities :
• Provide transparency to projects and programs
• Successfully deliver projects and programs on time and to meet business objectives
• Build/Maintain a successful team of project and program managers
• Stakeholder management
• Member of the PMO leadership team driving and supporting process improvement and service excellence
• Senior Leadership Team in F&R Technology
• Proposition owners
• Business Case Stakeholders
• Product & Content Management
• Financial & Risk Program Office partners
• Technology delivery teams (development, operations, architects)
• Business Operations
• 3rd parties (vendors, exchanges, clients, service providers)
• Project and program management colleagues
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
• Ability to think ‘outside of the box’, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Current experience in managing people
• Experience engaging with stakeholders of varying levels, managing across time zones and cultures.
• Project and Program management skills, including documentation and delivery, working knowledge of PMO frameworks
• Experience of delivering technical projects
• Excellent communication, including presentation and written skills.
• Strong influencing skills and a positive leader.
• Ability to deliver against demanding deadlines and key milestones.
• Reporting and data analysis; able to visually represent data and processes in an easy to understand manner.
• Clear thinker with an eye for detail.
• Strong conflict resolution skills
• Strong team building skills
• Advanced Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills.
It is essential that the candidate has prior operational and management experience gained through a similar role
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
• Current experience in reviewing and transforming processes in a complex environment
• Experience in Change Management
• Experience in managing people globally
• Prior experience of JIRA tools
• PMI/ITIL (working knowledge) – preferable
• Agile Certification - preferable
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.