This position is responsible for implementing the special offer contract new/renewal process in support of the marketing segments. This involves frequent communication with personnel from several functional areas, especially CVM management, Sales and Account Management (SAM), Contracts Counsel (CCM/Legal), Strategic Marketing, SAM Finance, New Product Development, Order Fulfillment, Product & Pricing Services, Commissions and Billing. The position provides reporting and analysis relating to contract performance, competitive win-loss reporting, and other ad hoc analysis as requested by Finance/Strategic Marketing management. Finally, the Senior Analyst may be called upon to provide training related to special offer processes and/or act generally as a resource for contract information.
Legal/CVM/Senior Financial Analyst
- Implement the special offer contract new/renewal process, including the gathering of account-level information in cooperation with SAM, reviewing special offer performance data to determine which segment strategies and programs are most likely to lead to successful renewal, and working through implementation issues with Order Fulfillment and Product & Pricing Service to ensure appropriate account set-up and billing. Also act as a resource for determining new processes as additional programs and initiatives are launched.
- Work with Strategic Marketing to develop and implement pricing/content programs that lead to optimal contract sales and renewals. This includes providing feedback about the current market environment, implementing segment programs, and working through implementation issues as programs are expanded and fine-tuned to fit market needs.
- Assist SAM in the sale and renewal of special offer Westlaw contracts. This involves analyzing usage/revenue trends, customer content needs, and market pricing trends and contracting needs. The analyst is also responsible for maintaining a contract management database, which houses information about contract terms and provides data for monthly financial reporting and ensures adherence to SOX reporting and compliance.
- Act as an advisor to various groups regarding the performance and direction of special offer Westlaw contracts. This includes training certain groups about the types of contracts we write, how programs related to special offer contracts are intended to work, and how the special offer process works generally. The Analyst is also a key resource for special offer reporting and analysis.
- Identify opportunities for improving special offer processes and performance, and take on additional projects as assigned by lead/ manager.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or other relevant major required; MBA and/or knowledge of legal industry is a plus.
- 5-8+ years experience in a Finance and/or contract pricing environment
- Proven experience in financial accounting, management accounting, financial analysis, financial modeling, planning, forecasting and management reporting
- Detail orientated with strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent written, oral, analytical and technical skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on a team as well as independently and drive results
- Proven experience in use and application of Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Basic knowledge of Thomson Reuters products
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America