Position Title: Head of Professional Services, ROW
Reporting to: Head of Risk Professional Services
Start Date of Posting: 14/03/2018
End date of Posting: 11/04/2018
Head of Professional Services,ROW – Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
Thomson Reuters Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) business provides clients globally with Regulatory Frameworks and Solutions in the form of a wide range of data sources and through the use of a range of software solutions and products. The Professional Services team provides customer interaction to support and deploy these products and solutions. This team includes approx 80 people globally.
The position is responsible for managing a number of teams that provide Risk ERM Professional Services for EMEA and APAC (ROW Rest of World) - engage with clients, understand their requirements and deploy a range of solutions to address their Risk and Compliance needs. The team supports a wide range of solutions globally, these are largely in the financial services sector and provided as both software and hosted solutions. The client base is global, numbers hundreds and includes many of the world’s major financial institutions. There are a number of major and long term client engagements and the role holder will be expected to play a key part in these.
TR’s ERM business is of key strategic focus for growth in promising market conditions. The role holder should bring the skills necessary to accelerate this growth in a structured and quality assured fashion.
- Lead the Professional Services Organization for assigned portfolio and manage related P&L.
- Resolve conflicts between priorities within the portfolio and engage senior executives in decisions according to portfolio governance.
- Support and continually improve regional operational and delivery methodologies, project frameworks and best practices to maximize business benefits across the portfolio.
- Ensure deployment of resources is appropriately planned across the portfolio to ensure successfully delivery high client satisfaction. Work effectively with Partners to augment TR resources in times of peak demand and for specialist skills.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with key stakeholders, external customers and partners.
- Works effectively with our Go-To-Market functions regionally to ensure;
- Clear line of sight of the sales pipeline.
- Delivery of pre-sales support for prospects and including estimates, scoping and SOW as well as personal engagement for critical, strategic customers and major engagements.
- Scheduling of Enterprise Risk Management projects in line with resource availability.
- Leads teams of managers across multiple locations. Responsible for talent development, succession planning, talent retention and management of staff through effective leadership skills. Responsible for employee engagement, workforce planning and talent acquisition and management to best meet the current and future needs of the organisation.
- Responsible for managing large teams (circa 40-50 employees)
- Oversees the customer experience initiatives ensuring maximum customer retention.
- Derive metrics and a discipline for using customer feedback to identify organisation requirements and behaviour that fuel profitable growth throughout our business.
Required Skills and Experiences
- You are able to drive and determine the continual improvement of the profitability of a line of business – ideally in Compliance Learning.
- You are able to gather information in complex situations and present it in such a way to influence events and to enable others to achieve objectives.
- You have demonstrated experience of effective questioning skills in difficult and complex circumstances to identify requirements in one to one or group situations
- Outstanding communication skills at senior levels
- You have the ability to communicate ideas, findings and other relevant information to enable others to achieve objectives
- You have the ability to drive internal and external meetings effectively to influence events
- You have the ability to deliver presentations to inform wider audiences
- You are forward thinking, able to create opportunities, set new objectives and measure performance against these
- You take risks and take responsibility for failure
- You are able to delegate responsibilities and empower others to expand their abilities
- You have proven experience in the following:
- Departmental strategy and alignment to business wide strategy
- Sales growth
- Team Motivation – appraisals/career development/rewards/acknowledgement.
- Resources, skills development and supporting tools
- Internal processes e.g. project management, financial planning, contracts etc.
- You are able to bring together resources to plan and develop Strategic Goals
- You are able to manage a complex programme of objectives.
- You act seamlessly across divisional/departmental/client boundaries
- You are able to work effectively with cross-divisional management to achieve common goals.
- You understand complex businesses and programmes
- You have demonstrable experience in supporting an inclusive team culture and provide pro-active support for less experienced team members.
- Able to use of the Microsoft Office Desktop range.
- Familiar with eLearning technologies and practices.
- You will take ownership of complex problems across more than one area of activity and come up with solutions which cover the technical, people and business issues.
- You adopt a systematic approach to the appraisal of requirements, processes, actions and situations affecting everyday work situations.
- You are a quick thinker and decisive, you are able to identify a number of solutions and quickly select the most practical and efficient.
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Experience working in a global matrix environment
- Ability to speak one other language
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.