Reuters TV Producer, Hong Kong
The Producer must have a demonstrated ability to efficiently conceptualize and edit news packages created in the field by Reuters’ worldwide staff of video and text journalists. The producer will be based in Hong Kong and be responsible for several videos each day from either planning field/location shoots to re-editing previously-produced footage into broadcast-quality packages for a new audience.
The position demands mature news judgment, solid writing and strong editing skills. Priority will be given to candidates who can demonstrate a feel for craft editing techniques. This position may require occasional work on weekends and/or public holidays.
• Work in a team of multi-media producers, to conceptualize, write and edit news packages for a 24-hour digital product
• Help to identify the editorial agenda, plan and respond to breaking news
• Quickly plan and execute stories to tight deadlines, which resonate with depth and color, while maintaining Reuters editorial standards
Required Skills and Experience
• Solid news judgment
• Significant experience of video and multi-media production experience
• Ability to write video scripts in English to a high standard
• Ability to work to deadlines while ensuring accuracy and adherence to company ethical and editorial standards
• Strong visual story-telling and video editing skills. Priority will be given to those who can demonstrate a feel for craft editing techniques
• Ability to work under pressure and flexibility to juggle competing deadlines
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.