Senior Interaction Designer
Financial & Risk
Product or Service:
Thomson Reuters Eikon
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
This is a unique opportunity to get involved in significant new work on the Thomson Reuters Financial & Risk strategic software platform, in addition to work on existing strategic applications. Finance or Risk domain knowledge is a bonus, but crucial in your 5+ years experience is time spent working on desktop software, enterprise business systems, or complex web applications.
You will be part of the Financial & Risk Experience Design team, reporting directly to the head of UX. You will work alongside a project lead and senior UX designers, and will collaborate with a stakeholder group comprising senior product managers and business leads.
You will be skilled at adapting your UCD approach to the conditions of the project and the business. Research will need to be done from time to time, though it’s likely to be evaluative, and small-scale. We have a fully kitted-out UX research lab in-house available for you to use. Your curiosity and attention to detail will come to the fore as you deep-dive into the workings of our flagship Eikon framework, and design the next iteration of core platform features. You'll produce workflow scenarios, medium-detail specs, click-throughs, and other creative deliverables - whatever it takes to move the design forward.
We find the complexity and competing requirements to be an addictively interesting design challenge, but not everybody does. For those with an appetite for enterprise UX, this is a great project to be involved in.
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
Goes without saying
- The deep knowledge which underpins life as a professional designer. Perhaps you got that by doing a degree in a relevant subject, but there are other ways.
- Top-notch communication and stakeholder management skills. A bit of gravitas. You habitually back up every design decision with a healthy slice of rationale.
- Mastery of one or more wireframing/prototyping/designing tools. We use Axure, but not exclusively.
- 5+ years interaction design experience.
- Demonstrable experience working on complex systems, desktop software, knotty web applications.
- A portfolio which introduces us to the story of how you work. At interview we’ll delve deeply into one or two of your favourite projects, and flesh out that story.
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
- Experience working in professional Finance or Risk domains (note that experience in consumer banking - the retail world - won't necessarily be relevant).
- Deep familiarity with front-end technologies. Prototyping skills in HTML/CSS/JS may prove useful.
- Experience designing for operating system front-ends would be an advantage.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.