This Product Manager will serve as the content subject matter expert and work as a liaison between the product development teams and the various internal and external content teams.
- Prioritize content initiatives within the segment; Ensures timely and successful implementation of content enhancements through close collaboration with internal partners and peers
- Prepare and documents requirements and detailed functional specifications for content initiatives
- Direct and influence cross-functional teams in order to ensure dependencies
- Assist with the oversight of the data delivery to the Operational Data Store for back- office data
- Explain content policy issues and collection methodologies to clients and prospects
- Identify potential data related process improvements and consults with data operations for possible implementation
- Support commercial facing teams in client engagement, prospecting and retention activities
- Assist with technical projects such as data migration and troubleshooting
- Oversee the simplification of legacy content delivery
- Maintain an agile product or traditional project plan on relevant projects
- Perform hands-on work to assist other team members in writing, reviewing and editing product documentation for other enhancements that are delivered as part of this project pertaining to content
- Serve as a resource for development team (IT) in addressing issues related to requirements, functional specifications and use cases
- Work with the internal QA (quality assurance) team to ensure a transfer of requirements knowledge to all key internal constituents
- Build relationships with customer service team, content team, and 3rd party partners
- BA or BS degree, preferably in business related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in working with financial data
- Strong knowledge of financial concepts and investment instruments
- Experience in documenting of business requirements, use cases and detailed functional specifications
- Strong collaboration and proven ability to champion effectively within a matrix work environment
- Specific knowledge of product data for Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds, Closed End Funds, ETFs, Variable Annuities, and market Indices
- Ability to write basic SQL statements to understand data and research issues
- Proven leadership of a virtual team across development, Quality Assurance and product/proposition managers and management to execute along strategic goal without formal authority
- Client engagement skills, including ability to build and manage client relationships
- Strong verbal communication skills including the ability to influence internal and external audiences. Excellent written skills
- Strong project management, analytical, and prioritization skills
- Behavioral Competencies: Collaborating across boundaries, Focusing on Customers, Championing Innovation
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Brookfield-Wisconsin-United States of America