The Director, Customer Operations and Transformation – Knowledge Solutions will be responsible for leading all aspects of the Knowledge Support Customer Support team. In addition to managing team members, this person will also be a member of the Knowledge Solutions Customer Support leadership team and, as such, will be expected to participate in and/or lead group projects and initiatives as needed.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Leading the Knowledge Solutions Customer Support team, whose duties can include, but are not limited to, the following activity types:
- Workforce management, such as scheduling and call routing administration
- Workforce coordination, such as recruiting and managing permanent and seasonal staff
- Development, coordination and delivery of new-hire training programs for newly hired Support staff and continuing education programs for existing staff
- Lead Professional and Corporate segment activities on behalf of related product lines
- Serve as product line leader for related product lines
- Develop and implement departmental plans to ensure that customer’s needs are addressed with the evolving of products and services
- Partner with VP, Transformation and Customer Operations to align customer support processes with departmental objectives and continue to transform the departments processes to improve Employee Engagement and Customer Experience metrics
- Establish performance metrics for Customer Support team which meets service goals of Company
- Provides development to people managers and indirect reports in order to achieve high performance standards
- Develop oneself to stay current on customer service trends, sales and supervisory procedures and practices
- Report and provide feedback to leadership team regarding service levels and/or customer concerns including remedial plan(s) of action
- Respond to customer inquiries and problem solving in a professional and effective manner
- Act as member of Support organization leadership team, participating in development of strategy and assisting with execution as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Work closely with VP of Transformation and Customer Operations, support leadership, and key managers to understand Support team overall goals and resulting needs from the Products team.
- Lead professional and corporate segment activities
- Lead commercial policy activities, collaborating with product segments, sales and internal partners
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
- Minimum of ten years’ experience working in call center environment or equivalent customer service experience
- Minimum of five years management experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to self-manage and work as a contributing member of a team
- Ability to stay motivated in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to spur staff development
- Takes calculated risks to accomplish organizational objectives
- Ability to innovate and encourage new ideas and designs
- Act as a catalyst to departmental change
- Commit to continuous process improvement
- Deal effectively with external and internal pressure and recover promptly from setbacks
- Delegate projects and tasks appropriately to further develop staff
- Proven project management and time management skills
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting software products
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Recruiting experience
- Knowledge of call center scheduling software
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA degree desired
- PMP Certification preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America