An exciting opportunity exists within the Thomson Reuters Specialist team. The primary purpose of this role is to service a portfolio of assigned clients to ensure they derive maximum value from the Thomson Reuters product suite. The Specialist role builds strong relationships with clients and aims to maximise product usage. The successful Client Specialist achieves high client retention rates, high levels of customer satisfaction and product usage, and identifies growth opportunities within the assigned account portfolio.
The Specialist works very closely with a team of Account Managers and Technical Account Managers and other specialists to deliver a rich customer experience. There are a wide variety of financial clients that we service across many locations. The role gives you the opportunity to learn and deepen your knowledge of the financial/market data industry and experience working in a fast and dynamic environment.
The Specialist is responsible for retaining a portfolio of clients.
This is achieved by successfully:
• Building “trusted advisor” relationships with clients
• Growing the community of clients using Thomson Reuters Eikon Messenger
• Monitoring and driving product usage within client portfolio by pro-actively servicing the customer
• Delivering market relevant campaigns and achieving high levels of quality client engagement
• Proactively collecting, analysing and sharing customer feedback with colleagues in the market development and product teams
• Identifying growth opportunities by generating sales leads
• Creating and maintaining accurate contact and activity records in the CRM system
• Working closely with colleagues in the account team to deliver joined up service to clients
• Continuously building personal knowledge and maintaining high levels of specialisation in the financial markets, Thomson Reuters products and customer workflows.
• Completing required certification programs
Skills and personal attributes
The Specialists will set the standard within Thomson Reuters and will be recognised as a “go-to” resource for information about products and content. Client Specialists will be considered as “best in class” trainers and consultants.
• General financial markets knowledge
• Very good market understanding of the Investment Banking workflows
• Excellent relationship management and customer service skills
• Excellent presentation skills (verbal & written)
• Highly pro-active approach
• Strong team player
• Sales and Service minded attitude
• Excellent change and time management skills
• Fluent in English – written and verbal
• Knowledge in relevant products welcome (e.g.Thomson Reuters Eikon, Datastream and T1)
• Good skills in Microsoft Excel (TM)
• Experience servicing market data customers
• Relevant markets qualifications (e.g. CFA)
• University level degree
• Experience in the financial markets or experience in serving the financial markets
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.