Your Impact at FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters
You will use your deep customer insight, industry knowledge, domain expertise, and strategic thinking skills to innovate, develop, and present investment cases for new products, services, solutions, and business models to FindLaw executive leadership. Complementary to this, you will promote innovation and demonstrate thought leadership more broadly within the FindLaw business unit. This role provides the opportunity for the creative, strategic, motivated individual to play a key role in driving the growth of the FindLaw business unit.
- Identify strategic new markets to profitably enter.
- Responsible for needs discovery, segmentation, opportunity sizing, and analysis.
- Perform competitive and market intelligence analyses.
- Ensure that the voice of the customer guides projects from their inception.
- Design and execute primary research to identify and define new product, service, and business concepts.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative validation of new product concepts, product positioning, value propositions, and solution fitness.
- Deliver key project artifacts including market research reports, industry expert findings, preliminary financial models and forecasts, and formal investment cases.
- Work closely with FindLaw Technology and other groups as appropriate to size initiatives and create prototypes and proofs of concept that enable testing and validation of new product and service ideas.
- Deliver research insights, results, and recommendations through a combination of written and stand-up reports to FindLaw executive leadership.
- Maintain expertise on products, technologies, and research methods through continuous learning.
- Assist in coordination of FindLaw’s internal innovation program.
- Contribute to FindLaw’s thought leadership initiatives.
- Occasional travel (10%) may be required.
- 3 years experience in product management, product development, agency marketing, high growth entrepreneurship or related roles with particular emphasis on the ideation, definition, analysis, and validation stages of the product development process.
- Proven track record in formulating successful new business initiatives, strategies, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of marketing, marketing services, and the digital marketing domain
- Experience in the legal services industry strongly preferred
- Curious and innovative mind
- High-energy, passionate, and proven track record of delivering results
- Ability to consume, learn, and synthesize and large bodies of complex information and extract actionable insights
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills (oral, written, and listening)
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and manage competing priorities
- Strong project management capabilities
- Ability to drive initiatives independently based on predetermined goals
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, or related field
- MBA and/or JD strongly preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America