The Data Steward role will manage and own all aspects of Customer Data Management from two perspectives. Firstly, as a core member of the Customer Data Management Team (CDM), as a data expert and enforcer of CDM priorities and strategic initiatives. Secondly, as the Data Steward for Customer Administration. The Data Steward role is the key liaison between CDM as the data owners and Customer Administration’s (CA) customer data needs. The role supports CA as a ‘data expert’ providing data and process expertise, data governance and ensuring that CA’s customer data strategies in the short, medium and long term are understood and the functions data requirements not only reflect the priorities of the function but also those of CDM.
Key elements of the role:
- Define and enforce the desired level of data quality to be achieved within CA as outlined by CDM strategy
- To become a focal point of contact for all customer data related process and data queries
- Work together with the global process owner for customer data and other data stewards to design changes of common interest or to address process and data defects
- Drive adherence to, and acceptance of, CDM processes to monitor data quality
- Develop and implement processes to fix data quality issues both from within CDM and CA
- Coordinate with CDM and CA the requirements around third-party datasets and appending of third party data
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Work constantly with the business functions to understand critical data needs and related issues
- Lead functions in implementing corrective/preventative actions in collaboration with CDM
- Contribute to documenting the customer data attribute definition and business rules for capture and maintenance process. Enforce the same within the function they represent where the relevant function is part of the attribute capture and maintenance life cycle. Work with the business data modeler to assess impact to the function’s business process of a suggested change to the attribute definition.
- Work in tandem with the function to outline the CDM data initiatives and strategic priorities, ensure that any functional requirements are captured and prioritized
- Set direction for data quality including identifying new key initiatives
- Monitor specific customer data maintenance processes within CA and proactively identify improvement opportunities. Use data management tools to evaluate and enhance CRM data quality
- Coordinate ongoing research related to erroneous or incomplete contact and account data, including critical attributes such as name, address, e-mail address, status and uniqueness of records
- Manage CDM based CR’s generated from within the function.
- Serve as a central point within CA for requests and questions involving data quality and the associated cleanup
- Devise methodologies for acquiring, using, and managing data
- Help to enforce acceptable data quality level based on the business processes and the Customer Segment for the specific following areas:
- Data Standardization
- Data Accuracy
- Data Coverage
- Appropriate Data Accessibility
- Level of duplicates
- Customer Privacy (Marketing Permissions)
- Capacity of the Data to support Business Processes
- Support CDM’s work with external data agencies, lead a Customer Data Quality Audit within CA once a year. The objectives of the surveys are to measure the standardization of the data, the accuracy of the information, the coverage and the capacity of the data to support business processes
- Develop, agree and implement processes to fix data quality issues
- Analyze the causes of non-quality and propose actions to improve the data quality
Financial Responsibility: None Anticipated
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Management, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to balance the ‘corporate’ CDM strategy with the needs of CA
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to make sound decisions, take independent action, analyze problems and lead business process efforts utilizing project management skills and effective team communication.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills in highly complex, company business needs
- Understanding of information technology processes, data modeling principles, development, testing and implementation needs.
- Ability to achieve consensus
- Understanding of life cycle of projects
- Proven ability to achieve results
- 2+ years of related business experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive knowledge of customer data quality management, data quality measures and data analysis
- Extensive customer data analysis and process development experience; demonstrated leadership in managing various cross-functional teams
- Proven track record in data management, process design and project management
- Comprehensive expertise on data improvement methodologies
- Knowledge of processes supporting data quality
- Knowledge of data quality management
- Knowledge of data quality technologies
- Data De-duplication Software
- Data Warehousing
- Database and file manipulation and maintenance
- Familiarity with separate functions Customer Data ability to dependent on and impacted by the availability.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.