The Vice President of Product Marketing contributes significantly to the delivery of Thomson Reuters Legal business objectives by providing strategic Product Marketing solutions to develop business and build customer satisfaction and loyalty. This critical role reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
This position will partner with the Product Management team to successfully manage the product lifecycle and will work closely with the Sales organization to develop winning sales tools. You will work collaboratively with the Segment marketing teams to create customer-specific messages, ensuring the key product messages and strategies are addressing the needs of the customer. The Vice President of Product Marketing helps architect the customer experience by designing and orchestrating compelling marketing activities for the Segment with some global coordination.
Scope and Impact
- Drives the development and implementation of cohesive strategic product marketing strategies, which feed into Segment (customer) marketing plans and messaging.
- Gains commitment and guides implementation of these marketing plans to ensure delivery of expected results.
- Work with Sales to ensure they have the right mix of winning sales tools
- Accountable for managing the competitive landscape and delivering optimal positioning for internal partners.
- Partners collaboratively with Segments and Product Management to ensure product performance goals are attained; provides input and influences decisions on product investments.
- Launches the selected offerings and manages the ongoing communications with target audiences.
- Responsible for marketing responsibilities related to migration and EOL as part of broader product lifecycle management responsibility.
- Ensures deliverables demonstrate value and a return on investment, meet our customers’ strategic requirements and Thomson Reuters quality standards, including brand guidelines.
- Identifies and drives actions to maximize product success.
- Prioritizes marketing spend and time allocation across products, geographies and marketing programs.
- Partners with segment marketing teams to create strategy for the end user marketing plans.
- Develops a talent management plan/process for marketing that supports the strategic and future needs of the business and drives for efficiencies and improvements in effectiveness.
- Creates a high performing organization that consistently exceeds the expectations of all stakeholders (employees, customers, shareholders) as well as prospects.
Education and Experience:
- 12+ years of progressively responsible marketing experience or business development experience in the legal information services industry.
- 7 -10 + years of experience as a Vice President strongly preferred.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- MBA strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience in product management or product marketing role which includes setting sales and marketing strategy of products or services sold to R&D intensive organizations.
- Experience in value proposition development and demand generation techniques for a new or established product.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experienced leader with the ability to develop talent and create succession opportunities.
- Strong business-to-business marketing experience in professional markets.
- Demonstrates a high level of executive presence.
- Manage the development and implementation of multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong marketing program execution capabilities within a highly-matrixed organization.
- Proven experience collaboratively working with cross-functional colleagues.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Outstanding high-level presentation and communication skills. Ability to lead presentations and educate key stakeholders on products.
- Proven ability to build credibility and influence quickly with leadership to effectively drive results.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent financial and business acumen.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America