The Thomson Reuters Finance & Risk team is seeking a highly technical, hands-on back-end Java Developer. Our group is focused on re-platforming our FIX order and message routing network across a global community of institutions and brokers, while maintaining our existing platform. We are looking for a self-motivated and driven technologist, able to work both independently and in collaboration with other technologists at all levels, and to lead a small team locally. The candidate will preferably have professional experience in multiple development and architectural roles (application engineering, software architecture, networking, etc.).
- Work with existing senior members in defining and implementing the next stage of the architecture
- Gain an overall understanding of the current suite of Java FIX applications. Work with other team members to improve the service experience for customers including the availability and resiliency of the system. Quickly analyze production problems and provide troubleshooting and support
- Develop complete regression and unit test cases to make sure components are tested rigorously in an automated fashion
- Collaborate with the QA teams to define and implement rigorous performance, stability and scalability testing
- Collaborate with support and operations teams to ensure customers receive world class service and the platform operates smoothly without routine manual intervention
- Strong understanding distributed and fault-tolerant applications. Keen understanding of the challenges in low-latency development and practical techniques for addressing them.
- BS/MS in computer science, engineering or other related degree, or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience with Java 7 and/or 8, and associated frameworks (Jackson, JUnit, Mockito)
- FIX, distributed systems, messaging middleware (Solace, Tibco, or similar)
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle, Postgres, etc.) and non-SQL databases (elasticsearch, Mongo DB, etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and and Test driven development.
- Build/process management : GIT, Gradle, Bamboo, Artifactory
- Operating systems: Linux
- Experience working with high volume, high throughput, and low latency trading systems or similar type of low latency platforms
- In-depth understanding of the challenges in developing user interfaces for high-throughput, low-latency trading systems while meeting the highest standards in resiliency and scalability
- Experience in deploying and running in a cloud environment (AWS, etc.)
- Financial industry experience designing and implementing FIX connectivity and order routing systems is a plus
- Collaborative system design and architecture
- Deliver service excellence on-time, on-scope and on-budget
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Critical and creative thinker; able to think “out of the box”.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Able to quickly analyze production issues and provide short-term and long-term remediation.
- Team player – willing and able to drive collaborative efforts across the organization to improve product quality, reduce expense and increase productivity
- Ability and interest in working in a dynamic, focused, energetic and rapidly evolving company
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America