CPA Technical Editor
As an editor in our fast-growing audit and accounting business at Thomson Reuters, you will have the opportunity to apply your public accounting and technical skills in a highly professional environment, without the headaches of public accounting. This is a dynamic job that allows you to fully utilize and continuously expand your technical skills, develop information and technology solutions for auditors across the U.S. and globally, while working with leaders in the profession and other highly experienced audit and accounting professionals.
The Technical Editor will use extensive accounting and auditing practice experience to:
- Design, develop, and update unique audit and accounting solutions relied upon by CPA firms throughout the U.S., including guidance and electronic tools that provide practical, step-by-step guidance for our customers and optimize customer retention rates.
- Apply technical expertise and exercise professional judgment in identifying relevant topics and practice problems and providing practical guidance and practice insights.
- Design useful practice aids and other tools.
- Complete projects in a timely manner and within budget.
Technical Editor will also:
- Coordinate the efforts of other project team members, including other technical editors, outside authors and in-house content management and software development personnel to ensure that deadlines are met and that guidance is practical and accurate.
- Coordinate with in-house customer service, tech support, and sales personnel to ensure that our customers' needs are properly identified and supported.
- Communicate with customers (CPAs in public practice) to determine their needs, and ensure that our products are responsive to those needs.
- Identify new product development opportunities based on current technical developments, results of communications, and personal experience and expertise.
- Research technical inquiries received from customers and provide answers or references to other PPC products.
- Monitor competitive products and recommend appropriate response.
- Assist with marketing and strategic development projects as requested.
- CPA required.
- Manager or Senior Manager with over 5 years experience in public accounting or comparable relevant professional/corporate experience, including broad-based technical accounting and auditing knowledge and strong technical research skills.
- Ability to execute assignments in a timely, competent manner, and identify update features, practical insights, and other improvements to our products.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ideal candidate would be a manager or senior manager with a Big 4, large or mid-sized accounting firm, who is looking for a professional environment without the travel and busy season hassle.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America