Lead Technical Engineer – Application Operations
1) Represent operations in a technical fashion to leadership, architects, support teams and development teams while implementing applications, services and new functionality into our environments;
2) Define standards, procedures and processes for new application implementation, incident management, problem management, change management and change planning as necessary;
3) Mentor virtual teams with development and other operations groups to continue evolving our monitoring and operational procedures and tools (will mentor a three-member virtual team that includes a Technical Engineer, a Systems Engineer, and a Senior Systems Engineer);
4) Provide technical cross training to operations support staff;
5) Participate in on call pager support for holidays, emergencies, specific project work and escalations;
6) Provide technical guidance to team members and evolve operational best practices to strengthen our team while ensuring highly available environments for our partners;
7) Drive multiple issues and project deliverables while continuing to deliver high quality results that are in-line with project schedules;
8) Conduct process improvement identification and implementation.
A Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline followed by 5 years of experience in a software engineering-related occupation.
Experience must include the following, which may be gained concurrently:
1) 5 years of experience driving enterprise application operations or system administration work;
2) 4 years of experience with database, network and storage concepts;
3) 3 years of experience conducting technical application implementation projects end to end;
4) 3 years of experience with process improvement identification and implementation;
5) 3 years of experience with Linux OS;
6) 3 years of experience with multiple software development practices, including Agile methodology;
West Publishing Corporation
610 Opperman Dr., Eagan, MN 55123. Full-time.
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
To learn more & to apply online, visit our website at: http://careers.thomsonreuters.com.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.