Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer (Carrollton, TX)
Job Description: Responsible for designing & implementing product enhancements, redesign of existing product functions, trouble-shooting & resolving product defects, unit & integration testing. Duties include:
1. Contribute to architectural direction of new & existing applications;
3. Establish & implement best practices & standards for web presentation layer development;
4. Work with back-end developers to ensure integrity of UI throughout life cycle development; Develop & test across multiple browsers, platforms, etc.;
5. Deliver high-quality, scalable, & maintainable software;
6. Contribute technically to projects;
7. Assist in Quality Assurance process & customer issue resolution;
8. Partner with Quality Assurance to drive high-quality, on-time deliverables.
Position Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Applications, or related information technology field plus 5 years’ experience designing, developing, deploying, & supporting web applications. Experience may be gained concurrently and must include:
1) 5 years experience with Front-end code debugging tools like Chrome Dev Tools;
2) 3 years experience with agile/ scrum development methodologies;
3) 3 years experience with full life cycle development including requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding, unit & acceptance testing;
5) 2 years experience with UI frameworks & technologies Angular JS, Google Analytics, D3, Bootstrap, Google Web Toolkit, & Wijmo 5 FlexGrid;
6) 1 year experience with application scaffolding tools, automation & development tools, & dependency management (including Bower, npm, & grunt);
7) 1 year experience integrating REST web services with UI;
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
Employer: Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting), Inc.
Job Location: 2395 Midway Road, Carrollton, TX 75006
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.